Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making step-by-step progress toward delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many, I'm awaiting delivery notice for my Arrest-Me Red P85. That likely won't happen until April or May but I'll accept whatever small steps I can. Today I ordered a tan and carbon-fiber deck CCI, which I should see in about 4-5 weeks. I also received notice from the Rockville, MD service center that the extra UMC and cubby that I ordered should ship by week's end. This is real progress toward having everything ready when the actual car arrives. Makes me feel much better that it's all real and I will actually get the car.

Last edited:
I also received notice from the Rockville, MD service center that the extra UMC and cubby that I ordered should ship by week's end.

Cubby? Extra cubby? What?! Are you talking about the cubby under the 17" screen, and if so, are you saying you're getting a second one to mount under the one that comes with the car, or to put elsewhere, or...?

(I'm easily confused tonight.)

Cubby? Extra cubby? What?! Are you talking about the cubby under the 17" screen, and if so, are you saying you're getting a second one to mount under the one that comes with the car, or to put elsewhere, or...?

(I'm easily confused tonight.)

Yes, that's the one. I'm getting it in advance of delivery because I'm making a control panel for my radar detector and laser jammer that fits into the cubby. I want to have that done before the car arrives so I'll I need to do is attach it and connecting the wiring and run it to the sensors in the nose. I've also ordered an additional nose cone for mounting of the Blinder laser jammers, which will require cutting some small slots in it. Also plan to get that done in advance of delivery.

Yes, that's the one. I'm getting it in advance of delivery because I'm making a control panel for my radar detector and laser jammer that fits into the cubby. I want to have that done before the car arrives so I'll I need to do is attach it and connecting the wiring and run it to the sensors in the nose. I've also ordered an additional nose cone for mounting of the Blinder laser jammers, which will require cutting some small slots in it. Also plan to get that done in advance of delivery.

Gah, right, sorry. Thanks. I remember that thread now, but I'd forgotten you needed an extra one to work on the project. Hmm, I kinda like the idea of two cubbies.... ;-)