Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MALAYSIA ORDERS 100(Model S) UNITS: Tesla six-seater impresses Najib(Prime Minister)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Najib said he wanted to do a tour of Tesla to show the Government’s commitment to reducing carbon emissions and a cleaner environment.

He said 100 Tesla Model S cars would be making their way to Malaysia soon.

“Among the Tesla users would be GLCs(Government Linked Corporations). We are making arrangements to allow the importation of 100 units,” he said.

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...seater-impresses-najib&Itemid=3#ixzz40sp48ocX

Najib also confirmed that the government is importing 100 units of the Model S electric sedan, adding that the cars will be duty-exempted( Malaysian auto duty is 30%). He said that the move shows the government’s commitment to reducing carbon emissions and a cleaner environment.

Read more at: Najib Razak Impressed By Tesla Model X - wemotor.com

It's very good news. I am all ears, however, to learn more about that 6-seater Model S.

........:)

On edit: Got it. The PM checked out the Model X more or less concurrently with his gov't announcing the Model S order.

Audi got the jump on Mercedes and BMW in China because it was the first to enter China by selling cars to the Chinese elite.

Then most of the wealthy or aspiring to be wealthy wanted to be seen as being connected to the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. I know;ironic.

Targeting the elite in business,government, and entertainment seems to work quite well.