Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Managed to get my Model 3 to talk to my home automation system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using HomeKit/Homebridge I’ve managed to expose this to my Home Automation system. For the time being I’ve only enabled the charge port and charger functions, but I have the ability to also open the boot, froot, locks, climate etc if I need to.
Yes, this is a replication of the Tesla App, however the power comes with linking it to other automations and accessories (like linking it to a physical button to ensure it’s all locked or when the charge port unlocks to turn on the driveway lights)

Attachments

• A63D62B7-F3FD-40F8-B1AA-6E3BBBA32733.png
    A63D62B7-F3FD-40F8-B1AA-6E3BBBA32733.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 363
Anymore information to exactly what Home Automation system you have?
Sure. It’s predominantly a zwave based system (ie secured wireless) but integrated with loads of other tech systems (lights, locks, curtains, windows, blinds etc) I run it off the standard Apple HomeKit framework, and now I can ask Siri to interact with the car: “Siri what is the Model 3 charge level”. “Siri, Unlock charge port”.
I’ve already incorporated it into my “Good night” routine where my house blinds shut down, lights downstairs turn off, and ensure the car is locked.

I've been using the Home Assistant integration for a while, TeslaFi also has an api and Alexa integration.

I'm planning to make a 'Tesla charger button' alternative, using Home Assistant, because my charger doesn't want to come apart nicely to let me install a button and circuit board from evchargeking.

Reactions: s4nup
I have created a car-specific dashboard page within my Home Assistant that just shows controls for - and a CCTV video feed of - my drive gate, two garage doors; works really well in my Model 3, and means that I can open the gate before I get to within RF range to use the fob to open (or close) these things.

Who needs HomeLink when you can use Home Assistant to do so much more ...

Reactions: s4nup
Here is my current page for the car, with nice BIG buttons that are easy to use whilst driving - but it is always Work In Progress when it comes to HA.

The images update once every ~10 seconds, but that is fine for my needs, and works well over the built in cellular data.

IMG_7663.jpg

Reactions: s4nup and PaulMD