Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map display seems terrible to me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who doesn't like the fact that you can easily read the subdivision names on the map, but can't see the the street names because they are too small, not there, or in a font you can't read? (Yup, I'm getting old)

I can't fathom why subdivision names are so easily readable. I can't say that knowing the subdivision names around me helps me navigate in any way shape or form.

Is there a setting I've missed to get this all fixed? Or maybe I don't know how to navigate properly?

Curious to know what other tesla owners think.

Ever since ‘upgrade’ to NA-2022.28-14046 on my Model S Plsid I no longer have street names and the display is now very pale font, often unreadable in bright light or anytime while
driving. I have not yet complained, thinking it would soon be fixed. Not so. My spouse now no longer will use it, and I’m irritated too.

Partly because since V11 the FSD and Autopark are both really good I’ve not complained

I have the same problem, and the street names seem to come and go in various weird patterns:
- when I pull into my driveway, they show up!
- when I reboot the display, they reappear while the "no connectivity" is on, and then disappear when connectivity comes back!

I guess I can put in a service request, but I'm kinda doubtful about getting help with this.