Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maple Syrup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DMC-Orangeville

Audi eTron & John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
I saw that a number of Tesla folks are bee keepers. I collect my own "sweet stuff", maple syrup. I was wondering if any other owners are into the other sweet science? Anyone from La Belle Province or North-easterners?

Here's a few snaps from my other hobby:

Sap is running!
buckets.jpg

Sugar Shack
sugar shack cropped.jpg

Finished goods
Syrup.jpg

Wish I could - I think I have the only lot in NH without sugar maples. I have a couple of silver maples, but *ick*

My dad did it for years when I was a kid in CT. After fogging up all the windows in the house (I don't recommend doing it inside), he moved his setup out the back door. He took an old electric cooktop, wired up a cord to a 14-30P, ran the cord through a notch in the storm door, and plugged it into the dryer outlet in the back hall.

He used to fill 10oz glass Schwepps tonic water bottles. After he filled the entire vegetable drawer in the refrigerator, he moved to making maple candy one year (since it took up less storage space)

Nice. And that is a ridiculously pretty sugar shack. We had a big maple in our backyard, but alas, not of the Sugar variety. I grew up in VT, so it never occurred to me that you could tap trees this far south, but people do (like tga's dad!). Homemade maple candy must have been awesome.