TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Maps are gone.....

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by sorka, Aug 3, 2016.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

The Maps app is no longer rendering map data. I've done multiple resets of both both the center console and car.

Navigation still works but without traffic data. Superchargers are still shown. Also, if I switch to sat view, that doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

2. stevem

stevem Member

Maps are from google, but your car doesn't connect directly to google. The car connects to Tesla and Tesla connects to google and relays the map information. The last time this happened they were having a problem between Tesla and Google and when they sorted it out it started working again. You can try calling them. I did when the same thing happened, they were very apologetic and told me they were working on it.

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

So this is happening to everyone?

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

Just checked mine. I'm getting map, route and traffic data.

5. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Just got home from work, maps and traffic looked normal on the drive from my office.

Bruce.

• Helpful x 1
  6. sorka

sorka Active Member

They came back sometime in the last hour. Just went out to check and they're back.

• Like x 1
  7. yeeha

yeeha Member

Traffic and map search has not worked consistent for me in the whole week it seems. Did the two button reset a couple times but they did not help:-(

If it has something to do with some sort of communication issue between Tesla and Google, I wish Tesla would issue an outage announcement.