Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps are gone.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
The Maps app is no longer rendering map data. I've done multiple resets of both both the center console and car.

Navigation still works but without traffic data. Superchargers are still shown. Also, if I switch to sat view, that doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Maps are from google, but your car doesn't connect directly to google. The car connects to Tesla and Tesla connects to google and relays the map information. The last time this happened they were having a problem between Tesla and Google and when they sorted it out it started working again. You can try calling them. I did when the same thing happened, they were very apologetic and told me they were working on it.

Traffic and map search has not worked consistent for me in the whole week it seems. Did the two button reset a couple times but they did not help:-(

If it has something to do with some sort of communication issue between Tesla and Google, I wish Tesla would issue an outage announcement.