Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been having this issue for months (I have posted in the other threads). Happens every day when I get in the car, even with wifi enabled. Only way to mitigate is to reset the MCU and then the maps will work for the day, or until the car goes into a deep sleep.

Have raised a couple of tickets with Tesla.
I was finally told that the issue is with the carrier (KPN Tesla I presume) and how they interact with a UK provider when downloading data. Seems to be just maps (downloading image tiles and traffic data), Spotify etc seems to work OK.

I was told that there is a fix/workaround, but it requires manual intervention by Tesla on a car by car basis. They said that they are going to adjust my car but it won’t be quick/anutomated and to give it 4 weeks and reopen the ticket if nothing changes. It’s been a week and no change so far.

Anyway, will see how things go. If anyone does have these map issues then might be worth raising it with Tesla for a work around rather than wait for an eventual fix.

Finally, not sure if it’s relevant but my car is a 2019 with the free data connectivity.
Just an update to mention that Tesla did remotely fix my data/maps issue. It’s now been working fine for a week and everything is now working perfectly. Took a few months to get to this point, which is far from ideal, but am happy that I have maps and traffic etc back.

2023.26.7 seems to have fixed (touch wood) whatever issue was causing me to have no connection within about a mile of my house in either direction. Was able to listen to TuneIn the whole way home and no maps disappearing in the same place they have for the last 6 months.

It was my only annoyance with the car, so if it is finally fixed - I’ll be a happy man!