Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m travelling back North having spent the week in Cornwall. We’ve stopped for the night north of Bristol as we’ve got two really young kids.

About 40 miles from Bristol my maps went off, the nav actually stayed on but the background was just grids (pictures attached). I pulled into services and reset the screen, it was fine for 5 minutes and then went to grids again!!

Anyone else has this issue or know what the cause is?
IMG_4875.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4876.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 58
i had this come up recently, and it only started when i changed the screen to dark mode from automatic.
whilst the issue was active i changed to automatic and light mode and the maps came back up, as soon as i went to dark mode the maps went again.

very strange, but maybe this fix may work for others

Reactions: Mase
Were you going along the M5 near Weston-Super-Mare? Both times I've been to Weston this year, the maps fully disappeared west of Bristol, and the entirety of the time in Weston. Reset does the same as you found, briefly comes back, then goes away. Only that area for me, with full mobile signal on the car. Other times I can pin to poor signal.

Reactions: NewbieT
This is the only area I lose it and consistently do every time I pass through.
Were you going along the M5 near Weston-Super-Mare? Both times I've been to Weston this year, the maps fully disappeared west of Bristol, and the entirety of the time in Weston. Reset does the same as you found, briefly comes back, then goes away. Only that area for me, with full mobile signal on the car. Other times I can pin to poor signal.

I've had the mapping route scheduled, with voice notifications... but no 'blue line' showing route... and frozen text showing 'calculating'

To fix this I had to do a double-button press, reset.

When it finished rebooting the screen, it all works again.

I’ve been having this issue for months (I have posted in the other threads). Happens every day when I get in the car, even with wifi enabled. Only way to mitigate is to reset the MCU and then the maps will work for the day, or until the car goes into a deep sleep.

Have raised a couple of tickets with Tesla.
I was finally told that the issue is with the carrier (KPN Tesla I presume) and how they interact with a UK provider when downloading data. Seems to be just maps (downloading image tiles and traffic data), Spotify etc seems to work OK.

I was told that there is a fix/workaround, but it requires manual intervention by Tesla on a car by car basis. They said that they are going to adjust my car but it won’t be quick/anutomated and to give it 4 weeks and reopen the ticket if nothing changes. It’s been a week and no change so far.

Anyway, will see how things go. If anyone does have these map issues then might be worth raising it with Tesla for a work around rather than wait for an eventual fix.

Finally, not sure if it’s relevant but my car is a 2019 with the free data connectivity.

I’ve been having this issue since at least March. Last week I did a 200 mile drive and I had no map for about 180 miles. I raised a service request with Tesla in April and they just told me it was a known issue and would be fixed with a future software update but they didn’t indicate a timeline.

I only use my premium subscription for google maps and live traffic updates. I think Tesla should suspend payment until this is sorted. I’m not getting the service I’m paying for and there’s no fix in sight.

Reactions: Pluglife
I’ve been having this issue since at least March. Last week I did a 200 mile drive and I had no map for about 180 miles. I raised a service request with Tesla in April and they just told me it was a known issue and would be fixed with a future software update but they didn’t indicate a timeline.

I only use my premium subscription for google maps and live traffic updates. I think Tesla should suspend payment until this is sorted. I’m not getting the service I’m paying for and there’s no fix in sight.

You can stop paying for Premium Connectivity at any time. It's paid by the month so if you wanted it in the future if/when your issue is resolved you can start it again.