Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2016 trip to Maryland dragstrip -- Mason Dixon Dragway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
If weather cooperates I'm thinking of taking my pre-Lud P85D to Mason Dixon Dragway to get some benchmark numbers before the upgrade.

They claim an opening on March 5 and 6. Mason Dixon Dragway - Index Page click 2016 schedule at the top.

It's convenient to Hagerstown supercharger.

I haven't been there before, but I've been to other dragstrips (admittedly over 20 years ago). This is a "test and tune" weekend -- no special events -- just people dusting off their cars from the winter and seeing what they can do.

Some details are at: Rules Regulations and About Drag Racing* ( Explanation of.. ) All these rules and info make it seem more complicated than it is. Most of these rules don't apply for "test and tune" like this coming weekend. It's really pretty simple.

and some good background reading on how it works from a different dragstrip is at: Great Lakes Dragaway - FAQ

Also see: Best settings for P85D launch / drag racing?

If anyone else here as been there please add some info here or otherwise make suggestions.

Last edited:
reminder: the opening is planned for next weekend. I hope to be there pre-Ludicrous update and shod with Nokian WRG3 snow tires . . . Plan to be topping off at Hagerstown around 9:30am so that would be a good meeting time and place.