Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're referring to the SR model. I get that. But eventually, Tesla will have to start delivering LR and P's out of Austin. I don't see Austin being an "SR only" factory. They will eventually have to start delivering LR & P while Freemont gets an upgrade to 4680. Unless Freemont completely stops producing Y's and only focuses on X and S.
You are right, they will eventually start delivering LRs out of Austin. Maybe Ps too. But not for many months. They need to have many 4680s in the pipeline, and be able to ramp up production, starting with the SR model. Then when they are ready, pump out LRs while Fremont shuts down to retool.

Maybe a March order will get one from Austin by the end of the year.

You are right, they will eventually start delivering LRs out of Austin. Maybe Ps too. But not for many months. They need to have many 4680s in the pipeline, and be able to ramp up production, starting with the SR model. Then when they are ready, pump out LRs while Fremont shuts down to retool.

Maybe a March order will get one from Austin by the end of the year.
That's my thinking as well and hoping that they've figured it out by the end of the year, but who knows. They may not start delivering at full capacity until the end of 2023 which would be disappointing. My biggest "want" is the structural battery pack and front/rear casting. I'm not as excited about the batteries because they've yet to be fully tested in a real-world environment, at scale. The 2170's are tried and true. The 4680's sound great... on paper. But we all know that real-world usage is a different ball game.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
No mobile connector??? WTF. I have a Nema 14-50 outlet already installed and even bought the plug adaptor for the mobile connector. Now I'm gonna spend another $275 extra - Nickel and dime much.
I'm in the same boat. I did a complete electrical re-wire of my home after selling MYLR. Added the 14-50 outlet to the garage because I knew MYP was on order. Ordered the adapter and have been keeping it in the box for 2.5 months just waiting for the car to show up. Now this potential catastrophe?!?!?!

Looks like Tesla has dropped the mobile charger that was included. Is this just for new orders or ones ordered back in March as well.?
Just hung up with SA. Only orders after April 17 will not be getting the charger.
MOD 3/3
MSS/Black
EDD 5/9-6/6,then5/15-6/12 now 5/22-6/26
SA also informed me the EDD is for the vin assignment. He said you'll probably have the car 2 weeks after that

Order Date: 3/25
MYP White w/ Blk interior
No FSD No Tow
Original EDD: May 22-Jul 3
No change in EDD yet

I'm really hoping it stays on course and get the car next month, been on a shopping spree w/ accessories & mod parts. I'll post any new updates

Newbie to the forum here, been a long time lurker and finally stepping up lol
Same! I've bought so many accessories and I just want it to get here.

We have very similar stats for everything, but my delivery window is later :-/

Order Date: 3/26
MYP Blue w/white interior
FSD and tow
Original EDD: June 6 - July 18
Current EDD: June 8 - July 13

Best of luck!

Same! I've bought so many accessories and I just want it to get here.

We have very similar stats for everything, but my delivery window is later :-/

Order Date: 3/26
MYP Blue w/white interior
FSD and tow
Original EDD: June 6 - July 18
Current EDD: June 8 - July 13

Best of luck!
My EDD hasn’t changed at all, hoping to get it in the given timeframe. Will update since we have the same stats and all, best of luck to you with your delivery!