Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A week or so ago it moved from September 22 to November 22 through February 23. Clearly they have no intention of fulfilling these orders until they absolutely have to with FSD customers and Performance customers as well as people willing to lose 50 miles of range for a few dollar savings. Pretty bad when the manufacturer is screwing the majority of their customers by penalizing those that ordered most popular model. Not a good way to start the relationship Tesla! Kind of like removing the mobile charger.
I don’t think FSD gains any priority. My order with Long range FSD is moved to Nov to Feb time frame as well.

Making the SR Y out of Austin was a bad move. They are screwing over LR buyers big time.
I also think their movement out a full quarter to the LR guys without FSD, was also a calculated move to artificially increase demand for the SR AWD model as they know this is a poor deal for the customer, and only a small subset of their LR customers will switch. Bumping out so far will make every person on the fence most likely jump on the car with the far smaller battery pack. Also this unfortunately aligns with a much slower Giga Texas ramp up, and 4680 battery production ramp up than planned. Panasonic has had challenges getting their production of 4680 up to speed as well. Lastly I think it is clear that they set the mileage target of that car, exactly where the car will sit long term once Tesla gets enough of the next gen LFP cells. If that car were LFP at that range, I would seriously consider it. Unfortunately what most don’t realize is that they are not great road tripping vehicles as to get to that last 80-100% capacity takes as long as the 10-80% charge time. But lack of battery degradation is a huge advantage IMHO. Model Y LR would be basically the same range after 5 years.