Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! For those of you that switched from LR to P, can you tell me how you did it? I chatted with the SA and they said I would have to pay the new increased price and not the old price. Is that right?
On my LR order I had the Austin 'Accelerated Delivery' SR option for $1,000 more but somehow it disappeared, so I called to have added back. Over the phone 'Accelerated' reappeared along with 'Edit Design' which I did not have before. So I decided this was a sign and instead upgraded to P for an extra $5,000 (the price difference in effect at my OD 3/02/2022). My EDD moved from Dec 2022 to July-Sept 2022, but within 48 hours I had a VIN#. Overall I paid the price in effect at my OD, no regrets!

Reactions: mrazndead
On my LR order I had the Austin 'Accelerated Delivery' SR option for $1,000 more but somehow it disappeared, so I called to have added back. Over the phone 'Accelerated' reappeared along with 'Edit Design' which I did not have before. So I decided this was a sign and instead upgraded to P for an extra $5,000 (the price difference in effect at my OD 3/02/2022). My EDD moved from Dec 2022 to July-Sept 2022, but within 48 hours I had a VIN#. Overall I paid the price in effect at my OD, no regrets!
Nice! I am also in Houston but still waiting for my vin :( changed to MYP in May

Awesome! For those of you that switched from LR to P, can you tell me how you did it? I chatted with the SA and they said I would have to pay the new increased price and not the old price. Is that right?

I would rather have the car now than in December when my EDD is. I was concerned about the ride quality of the P, but after seeing a number of YouTube videos people don’t seem to find it a big difference.
You can use this link to change it yourself and preview pricing before making the change: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
Just use your unique RN# at the end of that URL. Sometimes that URL will just bring you to your dashboard. If so, just enter it again and it usually brings you to the correct page. One time I had to click into my order on the dashboard and then re-enter that URL and then it worked. Sometimes it works right away if you are already logged into your account.

I am really considering doing this as well. It seems that my price would be the same price it would have been back in March as well because it shows mine would be $65k no $70k. When you clicked through "Edit Design" and selected Performance, did it give you a time frame estimate before you actually ordered?

I am really considering doing this as well. It seems that my price would be the same price it would have been back in March as well because it shows mine would be $65k no $70k. When you clicked through "Edit Design" and selected Performance, did it give you a time frame estimate before you actually ordered?
The only time frame you will see before committing is the current time estimates anyone would see on the general Telsa.com ordering page. But from all accounts on this forum it seems to get you an EDD within 24hrs after making the switch that is in line with an EDD you would expect for a MYP order made on your original MYLR order date. If your original order date is March or earlier you will likely get a VIN very soon because they are currently fulfilling Mar/Apr MYP orders.

EC1A2681-95DF-4EFB-8341-AB52F4281EB5.jpeg

Picked up today. Flawless! No issues at all. Dropped off right after for full PPF and some other goodies

Yay! Finally received my VIN F487 & my EDD changed to 6/23- 6/27. Spoke to my SA just now and they said my car is in fact on site I guess they're going through the inspection and all before providing me the actual delivery date, but he mentioned that I have to pick up the car by this Saturday at the Irvine pickup area otherwise it'll be given to the next person in line lol. I'll post w/ the post delivery and all the good stuff. I can finally sleep now and stop checking my app 10000x a day!

Yay! Finally received my VIN F487 & my EDD changed to 6/23- 6/27. Spoke to my SA just now and they said my car is in fact on site I guess they're going through the inspection and all before providing me the actual delivery date, but he mentioned that I have to pick up the car by this Saturday at the Irvine pickup area otherwise it'll be given to the next person in line lol. I'll post w/ the post delivery and all the good stuff. I can finally sleep now and stop checking my app 10000x a day!
Congrats when did you order ?

Ha! I just visited the Irvine site yesterday to drop my check off and receive home delivery this Saturday! Woot woot!

I can report that my delivery experience was perfect (105 days from OOD). As far as the build quality, i could find NO defects at all - flawless. This is a HUGE improvement vs. our 2019 M3. Tesla is kicking butt on build quality now. My only disappointment is that our MYP came with Pirelli PZero summer tires as I was hoping for all-seasons (anyone want to trade?). Oddly, mine also came with front mud guards and rear PPF. You'd have thought Tesla would have paired all seasons with mudflaps/PPF, and nothing with summer tires, but it is Tesla...
FFB625CD-B4B7-416A-BED3-5655D2B3394C_1_105_c.jpeg

I can report that my delivery experience was perfect (105 days from OOD). As far as the build quality, i could find NO defects at all - flawless. This is a HUGE improvement vs. our 2019 M3. Tesla is kicking butt on build quality now. My only disappointment is that our MYP came with Pirelli PZero summer tires as I was hoping for all-seasons (anyone want to trade?). Oddly, mine also came with front mud guards and rear PPF. You'd have thought Tesla would have paired all seasons with mudflaps/PPF, and nothing with summer tires, but it is Tesla...View attachment 820281
Did you order/request the mud flaps and PPF?