Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a notification say my vehicle will have no USS and it will be using the new cameras. also my got vin number and its coming from Austin
What indicates the "new" cameras? In the current TMC podcast they claim that the 5 megapixel cameras will come with HW4 next year sometime, not on current production vehicles.

Current production seems to include a different looking bezel on the lens, but these are not the 5 magapixel cameras. Apparently.

What indicates the "new" cameras? In the current TMC podcast they claim that the 5 megapixel cameras will come with HW4 next year sometime, not on current production vehicles.

Current production seems to include a different looking bezel on the lens, but these are not the 5 magapixel cameras. Apparently.
Yea the “new” cameras people referring to have different housing but more importantly, lens appear to be larger. This means different optics meaning different design instead of direct replacement due to part shortage or supply chain change.

Why Tesla did this switch if 5mp w/ HW4.0 is coming up?

Agreed...no one has proven or had it confirmed that these are 5MP cameras. The lens does look wider and the casing is different but feeds from the new camera aren't wider according to posts I read on Reddit. So who knows....this might all be much ado about nothing.

Wow I have not received a text for 7 1/2 months. Today late morning HI Time, I received this from Tesla:

Your Model Y is expected to be delivered within the next month. In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

NO VIN # YET
Happy for y’all! I wish I could get that text. The waiting and uncertainty is beyond ridiculous. 😤

• Funny
Reactions: Ribbon and Ymond
I went from a 11/14-11/30 window yesterday to - here is a VIN and you have three days to pick up the car or we are giving it away.

I’m 5 hours from the center. They still haven’t updated my trade in value for my model 3. Oh and I’m out of town for a couple of weeks starting today. Zero ability to plan appropriately for this pickup with the out of nowhere availability.

Depending on what happens today, I might need to pass on car and hope the next one doesn’t become available before I get back into town. If I have to pass twice, I lose my spot which is pretty crappy since I’ve been waiting like you all for 8 months now. :-/

I went from a 11/14-11/30 window yesterday to - here is a VIN and you have three days to pick up the car or we are giving it away.

I’m 5 hours from the center. They still haven’t updated my trade in value for my model 3. Oh and I’m out of town for a couple of weeks starting today. Zero ability to plan appropriately for this pickup with the out of nowhere availability.

Depending on what happens today, I might need to pass on car and hope the next one doesn’t become available before I get back into town. If I have to pass twice, I lose my spot which is pretty crappy since I’ve been waiting like you all for 8 months now. :-/
That is so Crazy, i dont know why Tesla customer service is this poor. It looks like they just automated everything with wrong or inadequate algorithms.

Although not that far from the service center, our experience is similar. Starting the week, we were still ~2 weeks out in our window, then got a VIN and then a text saying to schedule your delivery by Saturday or else.... Had to scramble to get everything wrapped up....

It's great they seem to be accelerating their transportation process to get them out to the delivery centers quicker than I've seen before....but it would be nice to have more than 3 days to get everything setup to make it happen. Our biggest dilemma was needing to sell our current car that the wife drives for the downpayment. We had normally seen about a week to 10 days between VIN and delivery....which would have been fine....but only 3 days was the scramble. Worked out, we sold it the next night after getting the date for delivery set and only are without that car for 2 days (as long as they actually have it ready this afternoon).

Reactions: BamaRed
Although not that far from the service center, our experience is similar. Starting the week, we were still ~2 weeks out in our window, then got a VIN and then a text saying to schedule your delivery by Saturday or else.... Had to scramble to get everything wrapped up....

It's great they seem to be accelerating their transportation process to get them out to the delivery centers quicker than I've seen before....but it would be nice to have more than 3 days to get everything setup to make it happen. Our biggest dilemma was needing to sell our current car that the wife drives for the downpayment. We had normally seen about a week to 10 days between VIN and delivery....which would have been fine....but only 3 days was the scramble. Worked out, we sold it the next night after getting the date for delivery set and only are without that car for 2 days (as long as they actually have it ready this afternoon).
Were are you picking it up from? I am set for Kennesaw whenever I get a VIN and date. Good luck today!

Reactions: Zer0Mpg

Home delivery? I don't know if that helps but it's supposed to be an option.

Reactions: Zer0Mpg
You’d think there should be a little more transparency when you special order a car. I get the one off cases where someone who orders drops through and they pass it off so it’s kind of fly by the seat of your pants in those cases but those shouldn’t be the normal experience. You should know when your car is being built and shipped to your center which gives you time to prepare.

In other news I was wondering if anyone’s found a comprehensive inspection list you should watch out for when taking delivery that outlines what areas to look and what specifics to look for. I’ve heard quality is sometimes lacking just haven’t found a comprehensive list anyone’s made. Just the one off experiences of individuals when picking up.

Reactions: ord3r