Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are all 2023 VIN numbers coming without USS and with new 5 MP cameras? That would make sense to me that the two would go together as the resolution increase of the cameras, but also larger viewing angle would help input to the FSD code that tracks objects and could resolve distances to acceptable tolerance for any previous USS function. Removal of USS would also free up CPU usage to handle the higher resolution video stream. More importantly this would increase blind spot recognition and the new cameras are quite possibly a huge part of Tesla’s plan to massively reduce Phantom Braking Events. This to me would also properly explain why we have seen little actual improvement in reducing Phatom Braking frequency to this point as the root cause may have had more to do with the previous camera limitations and multiple ways of unintentionally triggering a braking event. If this is true, I will gladly look at this as a huge upgrade for increased readiness for HW4.0 Instead of viewing as what Tesla is taking away.

Are all 2023 VIN numbers coming without USS and with new 5 MP cameras? That would make sense to me that the two would go together as the resolution increase of the cameras, but also larger viewing angle would help input to the FSD code that tracks objects and could resolve distances to acceptable tolerance for any previous USS function. Removal of USS would also free up CPU usage to handle the higher resolution video stream. More importantly this would increase blind spot recognition and the new cameras are quite possibly a huge part of Tesla’s plan to massively reduce Phantom Braking Events. This to me would also properly explain why we have seen little actual improvement in reducing Phatom Braking frequency to this point as the root cause may have had more to do with the previous camera limitations and multiple ways of unintentionally triggering a braking event. If this is true, I will gladly look at this as a huge upgrade for increased readiness for HW4.0 Instead of viewing as what Tesla is taking away.
That would make sense but alas they are not....
So far we have seen the following:
1) USS, old cameras
2) No USS, old cameras
3) USS, new cameras

In fact the only config I haven't seen reported is no USS, new cameras. Boggles the mind how Tesla decides what to build each day....do they just find random boxes of parts stashed in a closet somewhere?

I think a couple other things to keep in mind...
1) No one has proven that the new camera is the 5MP camera. In fact someone reported talking to an employee who said the new cameras we are seeing aren't the 5MP ones.
2) People who compared the feeds say it isn't a wider FOV (is Tesla just cropping it for now for the recordings but the cpu can see the full FOV?)

• Funny
Reactions: obasonip
That would make sense but alas they are not....
So far we have seen the following:
1) USS, old cameras
2) No USS, old cameras
3) USS, new cameras

In fact the only config I haven't seen reported is no USS, new cameras. Boggles the mind how Tesla decides what to build each day....do they just find random boxes of parts stashed in a closet somewhere?

I think a couple other things to keep in mind...
1) No one has proven that the new camera is the 5MP camera. In fact someone reported talking to an employee who said the new cameras we are seeing aren't the 5MP ones.
2) People who compared the feeds say it isn't a wider FOV (is Tesla just cropping it for now for the recordings but the cpu can see the full FOV?)
Thanks for the update. Hopefully they are the new cameras and they are switching over with the USS removal generally. That would give you a very good argument to get any new camera upgrade later for free if you simply had a transition period VIN where they removed the USS, but had not exhausted their previous camera supply yet.

Anyone aware of any way to accelerate delivery? We have a MSM/Black with no other options; preordered March 1 with an EDD of Dec 8-31. I was kinda hoping that with the interest rate increases, 2023 tax credits, dropping trade in values, etc. that alot of folks would drop out(and we would get the car sooner.) The EDD has not changed much at all really since my preorder though. lol

Anyone aware of any way to accelerate delivery? We have a MSM/Black with no other options; preordered March 1 with an EDD of Dec 8-31. I was kinda hoping that with the interest rate increases, 2023 tax credits, dropping trade in values, etc. that alot of folks would drop out(and we would get the car sooner.) The EDD has not changed much at all really since my preorder though. lol
I had that same bare bones order and Dec EDD. I switched to blue color and got my car in October. You would probably have to add an option to get it sooner. Then again the new ordering system doesn't give different EDDs for no option and optioned orders. But it also gives a 4 month range compared to when we ordered with a single month estimate. I know when I ordered no option was December and any option made it September.

You could add an option and see if the EDD improves in a few days. If not and you really don't want that option then switch back. Always some risk switching around but when I switched colors it updated the EDD the next day and kept improving over time. See my history in my signature.

Reactions: randmness
I had that same bare bones order and Dec EDD. I switched to blue color and got my car in October. You would probably have to add an option to get it sooner. Then again the new ordering system doesn't give different EDDs for no option and optioned orders. But it also gives a 4 month range compared to when we ordered with a single month estimate. I know when I ordered no option was December and any option made it September.

You could add an option and see if the EDD improves in a few days. If not and you really don't want that option then switch back. Always some risk switching around but when I switched colors it updated the EDD the next day and kept improving over time. See my history in my signature.

Yea, I might tweak the order a little. Getting the car the last week of the year would be hectic. I think our pre-approval expires late-ish December so if I had to get a new one (from the one I pulled in September), the interest rate increases alone are gonna cost more than the color and/or wheel option.

I’ve been seeing the comments from people that are having to acknowledge no USS prior to delivery and it says some features will be impacted or unavailable. What I haven’t found is a list of those features that will be “impacted or unavailable” without the USS. Anyone seen what that means?

I’ve been seeing the comments from people that are having to acknowledge no USS prior to delivery and it says some features will be impacted or unavailable. What I haven’t found is a list of those features that will be “impacted or unavailable” without the USS. Anyone seen what that means?
Tesla has that listed in their press release. Features are Park Assist, AutoPark, Summon and Smart Summon

Yea, I might tweak the order a little. Getting the car the last week of the year would be hectic. I think our pre-approval expires late-ish December so if I had to get a new one (from the one I pulled in September), the interest rate increases alone are gonna cost more than the color and/or wheel option.
Also just so you know options sometimes help but not always. I have options(paint and wheels) on my order and there’s a lot of people (who ordered after me) receiving their cars before me with as many or fewer options. I ordered March 01.

• Informative
Reactions: randmness
Also just so you know options sometimes help but not always. I have options(paint and wheels) on my order and there’s a lot of people (who ordered after me) receiving their cars before me with as many or fewer options. I ordered March 01.
I'm hesitant to touch anything this late in the game. I have noticed that LRYs are starting to show up in Teslas inventory now (even ones without FSD), so maybe I just need some folks to drop out in my region.

Reactions: Zer0Mpg
That is awesome. How did they notify you through text, email or the app? I am headed out o the country on Saturday and want to be sure I am monitoring the right channel in case they do something stupid like try to delivery mine before the window they have communicated to me while I am on travel.

Cars with no options are the lowest priority for delivery since they have the lowest margins. You could change the color of the car or the wheels to see if it moves your delivery date estimate up.

Don’t add white interior though, that option seems to be resulting in delays.