Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested to know this as well. I currently pay $65 on my Model 3 with a $500 deductible on collision, but this is with multi-car, and house bundle.
I can’t speak from personal experience yet but I did call my State Farm rep who I do all my insurance through to get a quote . He gave me the quote then proceeded to tell me he has a Tesla and nobody beats the Tesla insurance so he recommended I also check with that prior to locking in.

EDD got pushed back again today.

MYLR | DBM | Black Interior | 5 seater | 19" Gemini | No Tow | No FSD:
OD: 03/16/22
Recent EDD Changes: Oct 22 - Oct 31, Oct 21 - Oct 30, Oct 30 - Nov 13, Nov 02 - Nov 16, Nov 05 - Nov 16
Current EDD: Nov 10 - Nov 23
I'll take that EDD with a grain of salt unless you get a VIN, even a 2 weeks time frame is no longer a guarantee you'll get the car. Maybe you'll get a VIN tomorrow (Monday)....🤔

I'll take that EDD with a grain of salt unless you get a VIN, even a 2 weeks time frame is no longer a guarantee you'll get the car. Maybe you'll get a VIN tomorrow (Monday)....🤔
Yup, it got pushed for the 4th time today after entering EDD, so not very hopeful. Your OD is very close to mine and looks like your EDD got pushed back by a month recently. Did you make any change to your order?

Yup, it got pushed for the 4th time today after entering EDD, so not very hopeful. Your OD is very close to mine and looks like your EDD got pushed back by a month recently. Did you make any change to your order?
Mine got moved a few days about 2 weeks ago. So, from 12/1-31 to 11/29-12/27. The only change I did roughly mid October was I added my trade in again. I took it off initially early in my order but decided to put it back on so it gives me to see exactly if Tesla is competitive with other markets and it seems they are.

My EDD changed multiple times since I ordered on March 13 but recently it went from 10/24-11/17 to 11/27-12/31 to 11/23-12/25 and then this morning it went to 12/29-12/31, has anyone seen a 3 day EDD? Hopefully this means I’ll get my VIN soon.

Impatiently waiting:

OD: 03/6/2022 (MYLR/Blue/White/20”/Tow/FSD added in July)
Recent EDDs:
Sept 29th: 10/16 - 10/13 (1st 4 wk window)
Oct 9th: 11/25 - 12/30
Oct 21: 11/13 - 12/11

Getting anxious as we’ll be out of town for Thanksgiving and out of the country the end of December.

Reactions: randmness
Impatiently waiting:

OD: 03/6/2022 (MYLR/Blue/White/20”/Tow/FSD added in July)
Recent EDDs:
Sept 29th: 10/16 - 10/13 (1st 4 wk window)
Oct 9th: 11/25 - 12/30
Oct 21: 11/13 - 12/11

Getting anxious as we’ll be out of town for Thanksgiving and out of the country the end of December.
looks like they're slowly rolling out the white interior. Maybe they ran out of white pleather 😁 😁

Couple of quick questions:
  • My delivery date just moved to a 2 week window for the first time. Now Nov 25- Dec 9. This is good news for me as I am in the UK now and looks like I will survive past Thursday when I am back in FL, but still looks likely it might interfere with the last week of my vacation (not that big of a deal if past Thanksgiving). When were people actually able to see their VIN #’s and what was the easiest way to find?
  • Can somebody point back out how to tell if it is a 2023 VIN or 2022 again?
  • For Tesla Insurance: I assume they are going to be the best as not trying to use non-Tesla parts. Are you able to get a $0 deductible on comprehensive which covers broken windshields and vandalism? I normally keep this on my vehicles as the small increase in cost is normally worth it to me. Anyone have any other complaints on using them?
  • Lastly, when exactly can you actually count on them holding the actual delivery date? When you get the final pick it up in 3 days or we are giving it to someone else email? I already have a backup flight on 11/25 scheduled and our normal flights back are booked for 12/3, so you can see half of the delivery window is in each range. To be honest, I will almost bet anyone the actual delivery date falls no where in the current window, so you can see why I am hesitant to schedule anything until I know it is locked in on the Tesla side.

Couple of quick questions:
  • My delivery date just moved to a 2 week window for the first time. Now Nov 25- Dec 9. This is good news for me as I am in the UK now and looks like I will survive past Thursday when I am back in FL, but still looks likely it might interfere with the last week of my vacation (not that big of a deal if past Thanksgiving). When were people actually able to see their VIN #’s and what was the easiest way to find?
  • Can somebody point back out how to tell if it is a 2023 VIN or 2022 again?
  • For Tesla Insurance: I assume they are going to be the best as not trying to use non-Tesla parts. Are you able to get a $0 deductible on comprehensive which covers broken windshields and vandalism? I normally keep this on my vehicles as the small increase in cost is normally worth it to me. Anyone have any other complaints on using them?
  • Lastly, when exactly can you actually count on them holding the actual delivery date? When you get the final pick it up in 3 days or we are giving it to someone else email? I already have a backup flight on 11/25 scheduled and our normal flights back are booked for 12/3, so you can see half of the delivery window is in each range. To be honest, I will almost bet anyone the actual delivery date falls no where in the current window, so you can see why I am hesitant to schedule anything until I know it is locked in on the Tesla side.
I had the same 2 week window appear for the first time this morning as well. I was 11/23-12/21 before that. I am in NY OD 3/10 and same order except white exterior with white interior. I know it has changed for many and may not mean much but it's my first 2 week window which gives me some hope lol.

I had the same 2 week window appear for the first time this morning as well. I was 11/23-12/21 before that. I am in NY OD 3/10 and same order except white exterior with white interior. I know it has changed for many and may not mean much but it's my first 2 week window which gives me some hope lol.
Yea, we are a day away on the order date, the different standard color off and only a few states away. My best guess at this point is really close to the lower date as that seems to be the norm. I would love if it comes early as long as it is past this Thursday as I could fly home, pick it up, and drive back to FL for my vacation with my wife, saving me a grand in rental car cost and avoiding all the T-day craziness that could result if they try to delivery right on Thanksgiving. Early or late works for me, but with my luck, it will fall during the absolute worst timing.

For everyone getting delivery dates after getting your vin did you immediately go in and complete your payment option ? Trying to decide if I’m gonna wait to pay until I at least get a delivery date. Not a fan of gambling and paying it off only to have them cancel my vin and making me wait for several more months

Got our MYLR on Saturday at Irvine dealer. Was due in Wednesday prior, but they told me they found a scratch and needed to fix it. Everything went smoothly, no complaints on condition, couldn't tell anything had been buffed out. Tiny amounts of compound residue in some cracks, only complaint. I am not that picky and didn't go over with fine tooth comb, but build quality looks very good. Gaps all pretty nice. Its a commuter for us so not really looking for a show car to worry about anyway. Blue is beautiful.. and not very common.

I had to log out and log back into the app after I accepted delivery to get access to the car.. so if it lags on you, try that.

We had a 2016 S 75 with AP 2.0. This is a big difference in how the 1-pedal driving experience is from then. Really liking the car so far. Now, onto the accessory search..