Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if it's time to walk away from the white seats now that we are seeing confirmed delays. So many things in limbo - 22, 23, USS, no USS, Cargo Covers, Matrix Headlights. So much uncertainty as a "luck of the draw" for what you may or may not get for us March/April/May orders...Wondering if I should just dump the white and get black to speed up delivery and take a chance. Anyone else feeling dangerous and make a change this close to delivery?

Wondering if it's time to walk away from the white seats now that we are seeing confirmed delays. So many things in limbo - 22, 23, USS, no USS, Cargo Covers, Matrix Headlights. So much uncertainty as a "luck of the draw" for what you may or may not get for us March/April/May orders...Wondering if I should just dump the white and get black to speed up delivery and take a chance. Anyone else feeling dangerous and make a change this close to delivery?
I don't want the black. I will continue to wait. It is such an expensive purchase, I am getting what I ordered.

I just took delivery, on way home now.

Attachments

• 20221117_163947.jpg
    20221117_163947.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 20221117_163925.jpg
    20221117_163925.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20221117_164012.jpg
    20221117_164012.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20221117_163959.jpg
    20221117_163959.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 76
I took delivery today and 110% worth the wait. Superb build quality. No issues - squeaky clean. Car is amazing! So much fun to drive. And the 7 seats is really nice, roomier than I expected.
Lol, we ordered the same day and took delivery the same day. Out of curiosity since you also have 7 seats, did you get the cargo cover? because i did not, and i asked the SA rep, he told me that only comes with performance. I did not trust him, because he told me my car has the 4xxxx battery because it is a Austin build, i told him nope, it is a Fremont build that the F in the VIN means Fremont, he had to go back in and check it and came back to thank me for the education. Though i did not see any space or insert that the cover would have fit in to though.

Lol, we ordered the same day and took delivery the same day. Out of curiosity since you also have 7 seats, did you get the cargo cover? because i did not, and i asked the SA rep, he told me that only comes with performance. I did not trust him, because he told me my car has the 4xxxx battery because it is a Austin build, i told him nope, it is a Fremont build that the F in the VIN means Fremont, he had to go back in and check it and came back to thank me for the education. Though i did not see any space or insert that the cover would have fit in to though.
No cargo cover for me either and like you I didn’t see a spot it could insert into in the back. The cover notches I’ve seen in other peoples pictures weren’t there on my car. Maybe a combo of being a 7 seater and 2023 version? Not a huge concern for me, but I may still look around for an after market option. Congrats on your new car!

No cargo cover for me either and like you I didn’t see a spot it could insert into in the back. The cover notches I’ve seen in other peoples pictures weren’t there on my car. Maybe a combo of being a 7 seater and 2023 version? Not a huge concern for me, but I may still look around for an after market option. Congrats on your new car!
Thank you. Congrats to you too, i will look for after market option later as well.

Neighbor of mine just got home delivery a couple of days ago:

Ordered mid-March, Fremont build, 2023,
MSM/Black/Gemini
No tow, no FSD
New door designs, cargo cover.
No USS and no matrix.

Build quality looks pretty good to me, slightly better than my Q1’22 MYP.

Think their their supply chain has stabilized and these build options are pretty consistent now.

Reactions: John Haffner
Had 2 questions for everyone who has happened to pick up recently. 1. Have they been pretty strict with you about delivery time or if you show up late or early are they pretty flexible. 2. What has been your experience with the car charge when you accept. Has it been pretty decently charged? (80-100) or has it been pretty low. Just trying to plan for tomorrow since it’s a couple hours drive.

Interesting text that just came in, "You may be able to take delivery of a Model Y this month if you are open to different configuration options.

Reply YES and a Tesla representative will reach out to talk through options."

Seems like they're scrambling to unload.

My EDD is still Nov 19 - Dec 1 with

MYLR7/MSM/Black/20’’/Tow/No FSD

Reactions: ord3r and Zer0Mpg
Had 2 questions for everyone who has happened to pick up recently. 1. Have they been pretty strict with you about delivery time or if you show up late or early are they pretty flexible. 2. What has been your experience with the car charge when you accept. Has it been pretty decently charged? (80-100) or has it been pretty low. Just trying to plan for tomorrow since it’s a couple hours drive.
Picked up yesterday evening. When they called me for rescheduling, i asked if coming late to the appointment is allowed he said yes as long as they are opened.
2. Mine was charged to 90%, i questioned him about charging to 90% instead of 80% as i have been hearing, he claimed that Austin 2023 builds came with 4xxx batteries and you are able to charge that high, and i corrected him that my car is Fremont build.
****Check the trunk very well, open it and and look at the roof, there was an opening in mine at the edge of the roof ceiling and the actual roof, i scheduled a service right immediately there, its a mobile service so they will come to my home on Sunday.
****My wife was going out this morning, and i told her to go with the Tesla, when she got in the car, the screen was stuck at Tesla logo, we had to reset it by pressing the two buttons on the steering.....Our driving from pick up yesterday was only 20 miles home, so i dont know may be its part of its calibrations...We did park for about 20 minutes as i had to go rescue a Man that drove himself into a dungeon with his SUV upside down, but my wife was in the car all the time and did not shut the car down...

Reactions: Zer0Mpg
Thanks, i dont know how to look at those stuffs, i thought someone said they are no longer producing the matrix light?, also i am guessing my camera is still the 2022 camera as well? can you tell from the pictures?
Thanks for the info! I’ll keep an eye out. The new cameras are concave around the lense while the old ones have a more rounded appearance. At least that’s best description I have from pictures I’ve seen.

Picked up yesterday evening. When they called me for rescheduling, i asked if coming late to the appointment is allowed he said yes as long as they are opened.
2. Mine was charged to 90%, i questioned him about charging to 90% instead of 80% as i have been hearing, he claimed that Austin 2023 builds came with 4xxx batteries and you are able to charge that high, and i corrected him that my car is Fremont build.
****Check the trunk very well, open it and and look at the roof, there was an opening in mine at the edge of the roof ceiling and the actual roof, i scheduled a service right immediately there, its a mobile service so they will come to my home on Sunday.
****My wife was going out this morning, and i told her to go with the Tesla, when she got in the car, the screen was stuck at Tesla logo, we had to reset it by pressing the two buttons on the steering.....Our driving from pick up yesterday was only 20 miles home, so i dont know may be its part of its calibrations...We did park for about 20 minutes as i had to go rescue a Man that drove himself into a dungeon with his SUV upside down, but my wife was in the car all the time and did not shut the car down...
Don’t suppose you have a picture of that roof opening?

Interesting text that just came in, "You may be able to take delivery of a Model Y this month if you are open to different configuration options.

Reply YES and a Tesla representative will reach out to talk through options."

Seems like they're scrambling to unload.

My EDD is still Nov 19 - Dec 1 with

MYLR7/MSM/Black/20’’/Tow/No FSD
Ugh...of course they couldn't find me another 7 seater. They wanted to set me up for solar.

• Funny
Reactions: Zer0Mpg