Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone think that "on April 1", X's page in Tesla site will update to show these (rumored) features pop up? Given the (most) folks are dismissing them, i'm guessing most (if not all) do not care, and just pick the car up, given we are ~11 days aware from start of next quarter.
Call me naive, but I don’t get the impression it’s some elaborate hoax or rumor. The info was pretty specific.

I think everyone just underestimated how many old bumpers and related parts Tesla still had to work through first. If I had to bet, those changes will start sometime next quarter.

I didn’t reject my VIN or cancel my order and wait because I don’t care that much about RBG lighting or front bumper cam. And like everyone keeps pointing out, Tesla is always adding new features. No matter when you buy, you’re “just about” to miss out on the new best thing.

Reactions: ev919
Exciting a post 3/1 build date! Please let us know if the rumored ambient lighting and front bumper camera are present. I am still wondering if the 2024 efficiency package is hardware and/or software.
Lots of people, myself included, have already taken delivery of post-3/1 built Model Xs. No ambient lighting or front bumper cams.

That doesn’t mean they won’t come any day now, but it has nothing to do with 3/1 build dates. That much we do know for sure.

Reactions: F123456 and TyH2009
I talked to a different SA at a different showroom and the story was the same. If the new car has free unlimited supercharging, the supercharging miles promotion is useless. The promotion miles are locked to the VIN of the new vehicle.

Meanwhile, I had let my order be put on hold when I got no timely response on my request for a non-home delivery. Today (3/18) I told them to proceed. I got assigned a VIN within five minutes of restarting the order. It was a new VIN, but only 74 newer than the previous one. And the SA told me that it was also built on March 8th, so I guess they built a bunch of them that day. It seems very unlikely that I've improved my chances of getting any hardware updates.

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/18
Build Date: 3/8
Received VIN: 3/18
Estimated Delivery Date: March 19-27, 2024
Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/12, then hold, then restarted 3/18
Estimated Delivery Date: March 23, 2024

Well, they played the same game as last time despite my asking the SA after I got the VIN assigned to verify that it wasn't going to try a home delivery. A couple hours later, it told me I was getting a home delivery. I messaged in the app that that wouldn't work, and they ignored my request for a day while threatening me with cancellation of my order. Finally, late today they told me I would be getting a showroom delivery and I chose my choice of one day and time. So it looks like it will finally go forward.

Maybe somebody who has done an FSD and or FUSC transfer can tell me whether they get any documentation saying the transfer will happen, or whether they just have to trust Tesla to do it without any contractual language. I don't remember getting anything when I did the FSD transfer in 2023Q3 (from my 2017 Model 3 to a new Model Y), and it went just fine. But this time is much more important to me, and I would not do this purchase at all if I couldn't transfer both FUSC and FSD.

Reactions: djcasava
Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/12, then hold, then restarted 3/18
Estimated Delivery Date: March 23, 2024

Well, they played the same game as last time despite my asking the SA after I got the VIN assigned to verify that it wasn't going to try a home delivery. A couple hours later, it told me I was getting a home delivery. I messaged in the app that that wouldn't work, and they ignored my request for a day while threatening me with cancellation of my order. Finally, late today they told me I would be getting a showroom delivery and I chose my choice of one day and time. So it looks like it will finally go forward.

Maybe somebody who has done an FSD and or FUSC transfer can tell me whether they get any documentation saying the transfer will happen, or whether they just have to trust Tesla to do it without any contractual language. I don't remember getting anything when I did the FSD transfer in 2023Q3 (from my 2017 Model 3 to a new Model Y), and it went just fine. But this time is much more important to me, and I would not do this purchase at all if I couldn't transfer both FUSC and FSD.
In the app for the section normally for trade ins, it should show transferring FSD and FUSC. I selected no trade in and had to accept the terms in the app to transfer both.

Picked up my Model X today. Will be a great addition to my 2021 Model S.
Ordered 3/11.
VIN 3/13.
Delivered 3/20 in Oakville, ON.
Decided not to wait for the ambient lights. Will probably install it aftermarket like I did for my Model S.
20230918_205018.jpg
1000025073.jpg
1000025079.jpg
1000025109.jpg

I have nearly the same EDD. March 23 - April 13, but I’m on the east coast so I wonder if we’ll get our cars before the month ends.
Honestly, doesn't look good. I'll be canceling if they don't pass on and honor all the incentives past 3/31 due to their delay. As much as I want to get the car and would really like to upgrade I can continue to live on with my Model Y, and wait for my Cybertruck order to get filled eventually.

In the app for the section normally for trade ins, it should show transferring FSD and FUSC. I selected no trade in and had to accept the terms in the app to transfer both.
I wrote "tell me whether they get any documentation saying the transfer will happen, or whether they just have to trust Tesla to do it without any contractual language."

I'm aware of what's in the app, but that isn't part of the purchase agreement so far as I can tell. If there isn't something written committing Tesla to transfer FSD and FUSC when I take delivery, maybe I'll get a sales person to sign something that acknowledges that the purchase is contingent on that transfer. This will be my sixth new Tesla purchase and I swear they just keep making it harder and harder.

I can confirm that the 5000 miles charging credit works on any car in the account. Finally tried my other car and it deducted from my miles. Turns out the car I transferred FUSC from still charges for free for some reason, guess takes time to update backend.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
I can confirm that the 5000 miles charging credit works on any car in the account. Finally tried my other car and it deducted from my miles. Turns out the car I transferred FUSC from still charges for free for some reason, guess takes time to update backend.
Thanks for following up!

Oldest story in the world: boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy and girl find each other again and live happily ever after. Hope it works for me.

And let's also hope that when they finally figure out how not to charge your old car for free that they also don't also start restricting your free miles to the new car.

Sarasota FL
Ordered 3/1/24
VIN assigned 03/15/24
Build date 02/14/24??
White / white
6 seater
steering wheel, 20” wheels

Just got my VIN today and find they’ve assigned me an inventory car built last month. Is there anything I can do aside from canceling and reordering? I am planning on transferring FSD so I’m worried to miss the deadline for that but I also don’t want last month’s build if somehow updates are included later this month.
I ended up putting a brief hold on the order, then decided to change configuration to ultra red. Got a new VIN assigned last night and vehicle is in transit. Build date on this one is 01/12/24. I asked if I would be getting the existing inventory incentive of interior or paint upgrade discount since this was an inventory car and not a new build. They confirmed I would get it. Delivery by March 31st. Will also be getting the FSD transfer and 10k sc miles. So I’m happy with that, as long as there are no issues at delivery. I do think it’s odd that I got matched to two inventory vehicles in a row.

I ended up putting a brief hold on the order, then decided to change configuration to ultra red. Got a new VIN assigned last night and vehicle is in transit. Build date on this one is 01/12/24. I asked if I would be getting the existing inventory incentive of interior or paint upgrade discount since this was an inventory car and not a new build. They confirmed I would get it. Delivery by March 31st. Will also be getting the FSD transfer and 10k sc miles. So I’m happy with that, as long as there are no issues at delivery. I do think it’s odd that I got matched to two inventory vehicles in a row.
Nice! I had a white X on order and then I switched to Ultra Red after seeing one. Luckily I made the switch about a day before the paint charge went into effect, so it was still a "tax edition". You'll love the red.

One more on the delivered in March.

Can you confirm the legitimacy of the following, i.e. can anyone confirm from that March delivery that indeed the Premium Connectivity is included (for free) without the latest referral that supposedly now includes this free for first year (when it's already stated it's complimentary)?

1711063756291.png

Got my VIN today. The only MAJOR problem--estimated delivery date 4/3-4/9. WTF! I lose all incentives so I asked will you extend it? Get a call from a local tesla guy here at the Delivery Center and he tells me he spoke to his manager and they will not extend because they have available Model X's in inventory for immediate delivery. So I tell him but they don't qualify for the tax credits! Doesn't matter they don't care. I'm not spending like 20k more for an inventory model I tell him. So I ask is there any chance you get delivery earlier? So he checks and says that (car was built 3/19 by the way) it shows that it left the gate today and that is all he can see. So I say it must be on a truck then no? He tells me don' cancel your order yet. I'll call you Tuesday and update you and maybe we get lucky so cross our fingers. I'll wait till Tuesday and see what happens. Hopefully it gets here by then which I don't see why not. When I got my Y it was built in Freemont too and I got it in hand 7 days after the build date, but I'm prepared to cancel if I have to and then someone can pick it up after the first of April and get it right off the lot.