Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rejecting this one. Between the door alignment being off, they said it’s within spec, a small scratch on the driver FWD and and dust nib on the front passenger fender to hood gap. Just rubbed me the wrong way. There’s an inventory one going to the other store in St. Louis mid next week and we’re doing a vin swap and I’m going to gamble on that one.

Last edited:
IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6774.jpeg

Rejecting this one. Between the door alignment being off, they said it’s within spec, a small scratch on the driver FWD and and dust nib on the front passenger fender to hood gap. Just rubbed me the wrong way. There’s an inventory one going to the other store in St. Louis mid next week and we’re doing a vin swap and I’m going to gamble on that one.
do you have pictures of the issues? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and need some examples of what to look for... I dont see anything wrong in your pictures... haha

do you have pictures of the issues? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and need some examples of what to look for... I dont see anything wrong in your pictures... haha
You can see the door misalignment in the shot from the rear. The scratch on the door is only maybe 2 inches long. Didn’t feel deep but they couldn’t buff it out. The dust nip was like a “pimple” spot on the paint. I didn’t take any detailed pictures.

These are the "take delivery by March 31" incentives I am aware of.
-FSD transfer
-FUSC transfer
-5000 free supercharging miles on purchase
-5000 free supercharging miles on trade-in
-$1000 discount if you have an early Cybertruck reservation
-one year of premium connectivity (affects only Y and 3, since S and X are already at 1 year)

FSD transfer will still be good if your originally indicated delivery got pushed out by Tesla:

It is possible that Tesla will honor other incentives too if they were the ones responsible for pushing out the delivery date, but they haven't said they would, at least not to my knowledge.

The $7500 tax credit has nothing to do with delivery date, and everything to do with MSRP.
I forgot this one:
-paint or interior color upgrade on a vehicle from existing inventory (current Tesla owners)

Useless for the Model X tax edition, since it's the MSRP that matters. But I'm seeing Model Y inventory with $4-5000 discounts already, so this means you can get a new inventory ultra red Model Y with effectively a $6-7000 discount, plus the $7500 tax incentive. Nice!

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/12, then hold, then restarted 3/18
Build Date: 3/8
Received VIN: 3/18
Estimated Delivery Date: March 23, 2024

Well, they played the same game as last time despite my asking the SA after I got the VIN assigned to verify that it wasn't going to try a home delivery. A couple hours later, it told me I was getting a home delivery. I messaged in the app that that wouldn't work, and they ignored my request for a day while threatening me with cancellation of my order. Finally, late today they told me I would be getting a showroom delivery and I chose my choice of one day and time. So it looks like it will finally go forward.

Maybe somebody who has done an FSD and or FUSC transfer can tell me whether they get any documentation saying the transfer will happen, or whether they just have to trust Tesla to do it without any contractual language. I don't remember getting anything when I did the FSD transfer in 2023Q3 (from my 2017 Model 3 to a new Model Y), and it went just fine. But this time is much more important to me, and I would not do this purchase at all if I couldn't transfer both FUSC and FSD.
Took delivery today. Everything looked good except the door handles on the driver's side don't align exactly. I don't see any other indication that the doors are off, cut we'll see if they can adjust it. The delivery advisor said he'd create a due bill and took pictures, but I see no evidence of that. I scheduled a service appointment and Tuesday morning is what I got.

We spent about twenty minutes looking the car over, inside and out. Then we did the paperwork and gave them a cashier's check.
Interestingly, by the time we got back out to the car to set up our phone keys, FUSC and FSD had already transferred, so impressively fast and easy. And the 5000 free supercharging miles were there as well.

As to "March 31" incentives, I got these:
-FSD transfer
-FUSC transfer

Also got the regular 10,000 Tesla Credits as a loyalty reward, pretty much instantly. Nicely done, Tesla!

So I'm happy. Tomorrow I'll check to see if the 5000 free supercharging miles are good for charging any of my other Teslas.

Took delivery today. Everything looked good except the door handles on the driver's side don't align exactly. I don't see any other indication that the doors are off, cut we'll see if they can adjust it. The delivery advisor said he'd create a due bill and took pictures, but I see no evidence of that. I scheduled a service appointment and Tuesday morning is what I got.

We spent about twenty minutes looking the car over, inside and out. Then we did the paperwork and gave them a cashier's check.
Interestingly, by the time we got back out to the car to set up our phone keys, FUSC and FSD had already transferred, so impressively fast and easy. And the 5000 free supercharging miles were there as well.

As to "March 31" incentives, I got these:
-FSD transfer
-FUSC transfer

Also got the regular 10,000 Tesla Credits as a loyalty reward, pretty much instantly. Nicely done, Tesla!

So I'm happy. Tomorrow I'll check to see if the 5000 free supercharging miles are good for charging any of my other Teslas.
Very nice! I immediately cashed in some of those 10,000 loyalty points on their all-weather mats. The mats are very nice, made by WeatherTech.

Reactions: No Quarter
I'm picking up a Model X from Orlando tomorrow with Free Unlimited Supercharging (FUSC) and Full Self-Driving (FSD) transfer, but I've been informed that I won't receive the 5000 miles of free charging. We already own two Teslas, so we wanted the benefit for the other cars. I was told that the 5000 miles are applied to the purchasing car, not the account (aka has no value). How can I confirm that it has been applied to my purchase? Please respond ASAP, as I'm picking up the Model X tomorrow. Thanks!

I'm picking up a Model X from Orlando tomorrow with Free Unlimited Supercharging (FUSC) and Full Self-Driving (FSD) transfer, but I've been informed that I won't receive the 5000 miles of free charging. We already own two Teslas, so we wanted the benefit for the other cars. I was told that the 5000 miles are applied to the purchasing car, not the account (aka has no value). How can I confirm that it has been applied to my purchase? Please respond ASAP, as I'm picking up the Model X tomorrow. Thanks!
Ask the sales person you meet tomorrow to show and prove it to you.

Just tell them to give them to you and let you worry about it. Those free supercharging miles could theoretically acquire value if you got another new Tesla and transferred free supercharging away from this new one.

I am pretty sure it is all automatic. I had assumed I wouldn't get any miles since I also transferred super charging, but it showed in my account after I accepted delivery originally with a 6 month expiration. Then a few days later it was extended to two years.

where in the app do you find how many SC miles you have?
The free supercharging miles is located under “Charging” sub-menu when you go to the “Hamburger-Menu” on the top right.

I too got 10,000 free supercharging miles that expires in 2 year’s time. I transferred Free SUC from my traded in car, so now I’m wondering how I can use these miles (or how to give them to a family member). Surely, using these free miles aren’t worth buying another car… :)

Can anyone who received a March delivery and used their own referral code to order, confirm receiving 3 months of FSD free? I thought all new orders using a referral code received 3 months of Free FSD, but my delivery advisor wasn’t sure if that would apply to existing owners. Or could there just be a delay to receive the download after driving a certain # of miles?

Last edited:
Can anyone who received a March delivery and used their own referral code to order, confirm receiving 3 months of FSD free? I thought all new orders using a referral code received 3 months of Free FSD, but my delivery advisor wasn’t sure if that would apply to existing owners. Or could there just be a delay to receive the download after driving a certain # of miles?
You shouldn’t have to refer yourself. You get 10,000 loyalty credits that you can redeem for 3 months of FSD, if you choose. There are better redemption options though, just see what works best for you.