TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

March 31 guest list personally "selected by Elon" according to my sales rep in L.A.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by calisnow, Mar 4, 2016.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

This is interesting - I've ordered two Teslas, live in L.A., and cannot get a ticket to the Model 3 unveiling March 31 in my own town. I'm not upset - don't misread the post. But getting "denied" only makes me think more than ever that something is up - something big is going to be revealed that we haven't heard of yet.

Autopilot 2.0 hardware perhaps?

OR - perhaps Elon simply wants to make sure no cranky types like that journalist who got "banned" from buying a Tesla show up to his party?

Either way - this exclusivity is certainly a shift from 2014 when I easily got into the D event having not even ordered a Tesla yet!

I sent an e-mail to my sales rep last night asking for a couple tickets. This is the response I got today:

"Hey ____,

I am afraid I have no way of getting you tickets to this event. From what I was told, it will be a small group of people selected by Elon and his immediate team.

Sincerely,

_____ "

2. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Maybe they've learned from past events - parking situation in Hawthorne - the thousands kept waiting at the X event...keep it small and so manageable - so that it goes well overall. Everyone else can watch the stream.

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

In other words, Stewart Alsop is not invited.

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

They also seem to send out invites in waves, so maybe all is not lost if you really want to go.

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

You have bought two, I have bought 7 (5 actually from Tesla) and I really want to go and didn't get an invite. So I can hear your tiny violin.

6. DillyBop

DillyBop Member

you don't think the introduction of the Model lll is enough?!?

7. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

You're serious??? That's crazy!

8. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

Bought 7? That all? I've personally bought 52 Model S's, 17 Roadsters, and one Toyota RAV. I've shined the nose cone on two Falcon 9 rockets, and personally served Elon a lobster dinner with all the trimmings after having his black suede jacket drycleaned.

Did I get an invite? Oohhh nooo. I hear one has to buy at least 100 Model S's and own at least $10 million in TSLA to get an invite. But who knows.

There's always YouTube. Just tune in two hours late, that oughta be just about when the event starts

:)

9. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

I'm perfectly happy sitting on my couch eating some snacks while watching a live stream.

10. S'toon

I'm taking an evening class, so I'll bring along my laptop and take an occasional glimpse at the show.

11. SCModelX

SCModelX Member

Haha!! Like Kristin Wiig'S Penelope on SNL

12. S'toon

#12 S'toon, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I was reminded of

13. ArtC

ArtC Member

Where does one catch the live stream?

14. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

15. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

EM, I can't make it. I have to be in line at the Devon, PA store to reserve a couple model3s and that makes the logistics of getting to Cali in time for the event difficult.:wink:

16. walla2

walla2 Member

No invite for me either:
    Roadster 2.0
    Model S Signature
    Model X on order
    Radioflyer S on order
    Model 3 first day reservation pending
    Powerwall first day reservation holder

It's clearly not related to car purchase or level of consumer support of the company. I'm sure the event will be well attended by the right people and be cleaner than the X reveal as a result. In Elon we trust.

17. baoconnor

baoconnor Member

When the X was announced it was on Tesla's home page so I would assume the same for the 3.

18. Jhsq

Jhsq Member

#18 Jhsq, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It sounds harsh that people who have supported Tesla financially with multiple cars would not get invited, but if that means the event
    I) Will start on time and look awesome
    II) Cameramen have full access
    III) Is streamed live worldwide for free (maybe with a 1 minute advance if you watch it from your Tesla?)
    IV) And we don't have to read complaints afterwards how the food was bad or one person didn't feel receiving the "VIP" treatment he deserved etc.
    V) More people lining up in front of stores to channel their excitement for the product and meet up fellow people sharing this passion in the store on March 30th

Then I'm all for it.

More like http://tesla.com/model3