Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marina del Rey Supercharger Incorrect Billing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gone to the Marina del Rey Supercharger twice now at just after midnight when the rate drops to .11/kw. I've started the charge a few minutes after midnight, car shows the rate should be .11/kw but I've been twice charged the peak rate of .50/kw. I finally figured out how to call Tesla regarding the the charging situation and provided evidence of the .11/kw rate on my car's screen. They said it's a widely known issue where the clocks in the supercharger are behind about 5-10 minutes. I asked for a refund of the difference after they acknowledged the issue is on their end and they said no refunds will be given. They admitted this is a widespread issue and from what I've seen on reddit, it goes back at least 3 months, if not a lot longer. They're essentially robbing everyone that is charging right when the rate changes and I wouldn't be surprised if people don't even realize they're being charged the wrong rate.

Needless to say, I'm very pissed about this. In the meantime, DON'T start charging until at least 10 minutes after the rates are supposed to change.

Reactions: Willis and arcos
I had exactly the same issue today in Florida. And exactly the same experience with the customer service,
My post is here:

Same exact thing happened to me at that Marina del Rey SC by the Hotel. I didn't start charging until 12:02am. It was noted (incorrectly) that I started charged at 11:58pm at a rate that was 5x more. I spoke to support , sent pics and demanded refund on principle. No refund. I haven't been back there since that happened and I live in MDR. How can those f$&kn chargers have clocks that are not synced to the precise sec like any cell phone. I was very dismayedbecause I actually woke up at 11:30pm, got out of bed to get there right after 12midnight.