Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marketplace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why need to complicate marketplace so much with tags and all other options? Wasn't it just fine before? and discussion area and unnecessary steps?
Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 11.38.34 AM.png

Reactions: Hangerr
OK, this is fixed. No tags are required now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding all the other options, we have received complaints for years about the poor categorization of the marketplace forums, the difficulty of updating and maintaining listings and listing status, and the inability to do things like filter for listings within a given region.

Regarding all the other options, we have received complaints for years about the poor categorization of the marketplace forums, the difficulty of updating and maintaining listings and listing status, and the inability to do things like filter for listings within a given region.

Thanks for the upgrade!!

But as we all know, you can never please everyone. There's a great line that goes:

"Some people would complain even if you hung them with a new rope."

It's a saying meaning that no matter what, people will complain.

When being hanged, using an old rope will stretch and prolong how long it takes. With a new rope, the snap is much faster since the new rope doesn't stretch. So the point is, even if you hang people with a new rope (ensuring a faster hanging), people will complain.

Up until right now, there were frequent complaints in the "for sale" section about all the models and parts being intermingled, and is there any way to separate Model S cars or parts from Model Y cars or parts. They finally did that, and now you're complaining to put it back the old way.

In my other life I also run a very large online community, and whenever I make a positive change, most people embrace it, but there will ALWAYS be people who complain. I constantly say "Even if I gave every user $5, I'm sure I'd have 10 people complaining about it".

In fairness, the system requiring 10 tags was certainly worthy of complaint. It was also of course not by our intention that it would do that.
Why can I only have one listing at a time? What is the arbitrary threshold for multiple listings?
What has happened to all my old but active listings from the original marketplace?
Is there a new marketplace FAQ or intro that I missed somewhere?
Thanks.

Why can I only have one listing at a time? What is the arbitrary threshold for multiple listings?
What has happened to all my old but active listings from the original marketplace?
Is there a new marketplace FAQ or intro that I missed somewhere?
Thanks.
We have limits at the moment in order to control for spam and discourage scammers. We will however soon be adding small listing fees which will help solve that and allow us to allow more active listings.

All existing marketplace threads continue to exist in the marketplace forums, so they have not been touched.

We don't yet have an FAQ for the Marketplace but I will put something together once we have pushed a few more updates.

Reactions: Performance
We have limits at the moment in order to control for spam and discourage scammers. We will however soon be adding small listing fees which will help solve that and allow us to allow more active listings.

All existing marketplace threads continue to exist in the marketplace forums, so they have not been touched.

We don't yet have an FAQ for the Marketplace but I will put something together once we have pushed a few more updates.
Thanks!

@danny would you consider listing items for free to be uniquely exempt from the listing fee? Or perhaps one free listing per user if you are feeling generous?
At the moment we don't have the technical capability in place to differentiate between Listing Types (e.g. For sale vs. For Trade...etc) when determining the listing fee amount, however we could add such a capability. The issue here however isn't so much that we need to generate income off of listing fees (they don't bring in that much). Rather, the listing fees are an important way to deter spammers and scammers. And that issue applies to "Items for free" ads. We do continue to think about this though.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
At the moment we don't have the technical capability in place to differentiate between Listing Types (e.g. For sale vs. For Trade...etc) when determining the listing fee amount, however we could add such a capability. The issue here however isn't so much that we need to generate income off of listing fees (they don't bring in that much). Rather, the listing fees are an important way to deter spammers and scammers. And that issue applies to "Items for free" ads. We do continue to think about this though.
Thanks for considering!