Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing TMC Marketplace (Please Read)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meloccom

Moderator Aus/NZ
Feb 11, 2008
Sydney Australia
Hi all Australia and New Zealand TMC members.
TMC has had a Marketplace section for some time but it has recently been upgraded to allow you to support locations. Link to the new Marketplace below.
Marketplace
This new location feature should resolve many of the issues that occurred previously when an Aus/NZ member posted a listing and was bombarded by North American enquires that they couldn’t sell to given distance and car configuration.
Up until now I have been allowing Aus/NZ members to post local for sale threads but that will now cease and all for sale and WTB threads will be deleted and the poster will be asked to repost in Marketplace.
Currently the service is free but I understand that this is not permanent, however I am assured that it should always be good value.
For those unhappy about this, please understand that to run the biggest Tesla Forum on the internet is not free to the Administrators and they have to find ways to pay the bills.
So take advantage of Marketplace whilst it’s still free, and go over and have a look to see how it works even if you are just curious.
Thanks for your understanding
Mark Melocco
Moderator Australia / New Zealand TMC

Hi @meloccom,
Just some feedback: I can't easily see how to filter to only include Australian listings. The filter menu allows me to specify an address or zip code (which suggests it is specific to the US) and a distance. Entering my postcode, or an Australian State seems not to have an effect.
Hi @JonDarian , did you try entering the name of your city? That should work. State should work as well if there are listings posted in that state (the mp just launched so there may not yet be.

And yeah, I will edit the descriptor text as I don't think AU postal codes will work there and so saying zip code there may be confusing users outside of the US.

Btw you can always use the interactive map to find listings near your location:

Let me know if you have any questions.

So I spent some time testing, and it seems that postal codes do work in Australia, you just need to make sure you put the word "Australia" after the code. I would however recommend just using "City, Country" as your search criteria. Also, as mentioned before, there are only a couple listings in Australia at the moment, so there may simply be no listings matching your search criteria.