Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing USB Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope someone knows the tricks
Songs & Albums Tabs: shows what I expect.
Artists: shows albums from artist (which doesn't make sense)
How to make it show all songs from artist (not albums as what is does)
Does the Filename, Metadata (tags), Folder layout, need something specific, I've tried all kinds of things without any success
My goal is to get the Artists tab to show all songs.
Why? so I can random play all songs from that artist.
(its driving me crazy)
Btw Just got in March 2024 M-Y LR Ultra Red (Awesome)
Early Thanks

Reactions: HelloJP
When I rebuilt the stereo system in the car, the shop inserted a digital processor/reader between the USB's and the "head unit/front amplifier" to run lots of digital test tones. It could also record record frequency response, data, bit-rates, and all kinds of other information flowing from the USB to the rest of the system. They discovered it. The head can PLAY hi-res files because they're still FLAC files. The rest of the system is limited to 44/16. Hi-res still sounds a little better, just because the source material is cleaner. But the output side doesn't send all that extra information to the amps. It's not true hi-res.
On a positive note, they discovered that the frequency response, for a factory system was quite good. Crossover points were smooth and consistent, as well.
My players remain all hi-res because all my other vehicals can play hi-res, including my 13 year old mini.

Upvote 0