Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Arachnids OK, or should I consider Signature or T-Sportline Wheels as replacements for Tempest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a Model S with the 19's with the intention of replacing them with aftermarket wheels at some point. Didn't want to pay $4500 + tax for the Arachnids from the factory. I've found some Arachnids on marketplace for around 2k, but I know they are cast and have seen several posts about them cracking. Even the listing says one was replaced due to a fracture. So even though they are priced right, I'm concerned they aren't even worth that much. Plus they are heavier than other options.

Are most people happy with the Arachnids? If one of these cracked, they would not be under warranty since they did not come with the car.

Better to consider Signature or T-Sportline?

I'm in the same boat, also looking to swap out the ugly Tempests. Leaning towards TSportline TSS or TS5 as they have more of an OEM look than most other aftermarket wheels. 20" square.

One thing to ponder is whether to keep the original wheels, because trading the car in down the road back to Tesla might be a bit more complicated without them. But they're pretty giant to just keep in the corner of the garage or whatever.

I for one hated the Arachnids and switched to Tempest and I am super happy. I am keeping the 21” for the day I have to trade in. But I hated them because the ride is terrible and there are very few options for tires that fit them and 0 options for all season tires. The tempest wheels ride a lot more comfortably, they are much more silent and there are plenty of good options for tires.

I for one hated the Arachnids and switched to Tempest and I am super happy. I am keeping the 21” for the day I have to trade in. But I hated them because the ride is terrible and there are very few options for tires that fit them and 0 options for all season tires. The tempest wheels ride a lot more comfortably, they are much more silent and there are plenty of good options for tires.
Good to know. If I went aftermarket, I'd likely go 20". I have 20's on my other sedan and am fine with the ride. Seems like a happy medium.

Are most people happy with the Arachnids? If one of these cracked, they would not be under warranty since they did not come with the car.

For clarity, even if they came on the car, warranty wouldn't cover a cracked wheel. That's damage due to driving.

Me, I'm still riding on the 19" Tempest wheels. They drive so well, and efficiency has been so good, I'm not tempted to look elsewhere.

My Model 3, however, have T-Sportline TSS's onboard. They look great. It's what I'd use if I ever did replace the Tempest wheels on the S.