Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels order delay for 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We keep hearing how they are currently working on back orders... but I don't see anyone with wheels on backorder posting up how happy they are to have finally received their wheels.

I have not seen a single post from a happy customer delighted with their new wheels have you? If so, please post a link.

Keith
I’m actually trying to cancel instead of getting a status update, so we shall see if they even respond to a simple request like that. I have called and gotten a woman to pick up before and transferred me to drew. Curious how big the team is

I’m actually trying to cancel instead of getting a status update, so we shall see if they even respond to a simple request like that. I have called and gotten a woman to pick up before and transferred me to drew. Curious how big the team is
If ordered with a credit card go though them, none delivery and refusal to communicate are grounds for a fraud claim and reversal of charges.

Keith

PS: Posted up a poll on the main forum asking how long people have waited.

B96AB3BA-211E-466B-A77A-843AC38D2108.jpeg

I wonder how would this work and how much truth this holds if this is a mass email sent to everyone and they have hundreds of orders to ship out within a week next week? I guess we will have to wait and see by next Friday if we will get a rain check again.

View attachment 806830
I wonder how would this work and how much truth this holds if this is a mass email sent to everyone and they have hundreds of orders to ship out within a week next week? I guess we will have to wait and see by next Friday if we will get a rain check again.
Hope you actually get yours. I just ordered from tsportline and already got a tracking number generated, no delivery estimate yet

Reactions: phung
They don’t have the wheels and they have been lying. I was order #2408. Drew gave me the same email updates that everyone else got in March/April. I actually got him on the phone on 5/10 and he said, “yes, we are working through the orders and at the rate we are processing, yours will go out on 5/16 or 5/17.” Well today I send the WTF email and leave a phone message and then magically get the cut and paste email sob story and they ask if I want a refund. Seems odd to offer a refund if you have the wheels…

I’m almost convinced it’s a scheme where they avoid taking out business loans by getting all of us to give them short term zero interest loans. Needless to say I canceled my order. I have zero faith my refund will be processed in a timely manner. These guys are 40% incompetent and 60% duplicitous. Maybe even 30/70 or 20/80…

I advise anyone to cut bait now and cancel their order.

They don’t have the wheels and they have been lying. I was order #2408. Drew gave me the same email updates that everyone else got in March/April. I actually got him on the phone on 5/10 and he said, “yes, we are working through the orders and at the rate we are processing, yours will go out on 5/16 or 5/17.” Well today I send the WTF email and leave a phone message and then magically get the cut and paste email sob story and they ask if I want a refund. Seems odd to offer a refund if you have the wheels…

I’m almost convinced it’s a scheme where they avoid taking out business loans by getting all of us to give them short term zero interest loans. Needless to say I canceled my order. I have zero faith my refund will be processed in a timely manner. These guys are 40% incompetent and 60% duplicitous. Maybe even 30/70 or 20/80…

I got my refund email from PayPal today and sent the cancellation request email yesterday

Reactions: KTomsky
This afternoon I received the same email as Phung pasted, indicating that they hope to be able to ship within a week's time. I am order #2405, ordered on Feb 10 this year. Although it's quite a bit later than originally scheduled, the messaging from the company has been consistent that supply chain issues are delaying things and they are doing what they can given the constraints and delays they have no control over. My Tesla was delivered a couple months late, and our other EV (a VW ID.4) arrived half a year later than promised when we ordered it. (Ordered 4/18/21 and picked it up 4/18/22!) It's the world we live in right now. I've still got the aero wheels that roll fine, and although I'm still running my winter tires I am okay giving Martian some more time.

This is also my biggest gripe. The fact that the order was paid 100% in full up front with a false delivery date is very unsettling. I've been in wheel manufacturing, distribution, and importation for over 2 decades. I'm no rookie. I have also witnessed the delays within our industry as I work with a very large number of suppliers but this experience with MW is on another level. I feel for them as they obviously have way more demand than they can support. I doubt it's a cash flow issue but could very likely be a costs issue. Their MW03 wheel is priced very low and considering the costs of containers they might be upside down. Who knows? If we only placed a small deposit for the wheels I would have felt a lot better.

I also got this same email today and hope that they do ship next week. I am trying to be optimistic. It's pretty crappy that I got my A/T tires months back and won't know what to do with them if I cancel since I'm doing 18" wheels.

This is also my biggest gripe. The fact that the order was paid 100% in full up front with a false delivery date is very unsettling. I've been in wheel manufacturing, distribution, and importation for over 2 decades. I'm no rookie. I have also witnessed the delays within our industry as I work with a very large number of suppliers but this experience with MW is on another level. I feel for them as they obviously have way more demand than they can support. I doubt it's a cash flow issue but could very likely be a costs issue. Their MW03 wheel is priced very low and considering the costs of containers they might be upside down. Who knows? If we only placed a small deposit for the wheels I would have felt a lot better.

I also got this same email today and hope that they do ship next week. I am trying to be optimistic. It's pretty crappy that I got my A/T tires months back and won't know what to do with them if I cancel since I'm doing 18" wheels.
Yea definitely some zero interest loan shenanigan going on. I placed an order with tsportline this afternoon and already got a tracking number stating it’ll be delivered the coming Monday. There’s no reason for the silence unless they flat out have nothing for a long while.

Reactions: P3D-R
Mid-Week check! Anyone receives good news from Martian Wheels yet? (Not it)!

I wonder if we will receive another cookie cutter email by the end of this week “Due to unforeseen supply chain issue….”

Only if there’s at least 1 positive case that can keep our hopes alive that Martian Wheels are indeed shipping orders…

Mid-Week check! Anyone receives good news from Martian Wheels yet? (Not it)!

I wonder if we will receive another cookie cutter email by the end of this week “Due to unforeseen supply chain issue….”

Only if there’s at least 1 positive case that can keep our hopes alive that Martian Wheels are indeed shipping orders…

Due to the Memorial day sale, if I don't have a tracking number by May 30 from Martian I am canceling and ordering some 18's from Tsportline.

Keith

Reactions: phung