Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martin's Roadster is finally delivered!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny experience today:

So I am sitting at work today and two guys come by and say:

"Did you get your Tesla!?!" to which I reply
"No, why?".
"Because there is one parked right outside your window!"

I turn around and look out the window of my office (on Lytton Ave in Palo Alto) and there is Martin's Tesla. LOL. It's a small world. He was parked directly outside my office (across the street).

I headed down to take a closer look but Martin got there first and cruised off (silently). I resited the urge to yell to him.

It's been all about Tesla today since I then met my wife at the MP store to take another look at colors since we have decided to change off of our original choice (Signature Green)...

-Jon

Funny experience today:

So I am sitting at work today and two guys come by and say:

"Did you get your Tesla!?!" to which I reply
"No, why?".
"Because there is one parked right outside your window!"

I turn around and look out the window of my office (on Lytton Ave in Palo Alto) and there is Martin's Tesla. LOL. It's a small world. He was parked directly outside my office (across the street).

I headed down to take a closer look but Martin got there first and cruised off (silently). I resited the urge to yell to him.

It's been all about Tesla today since I then met my wife at the MP store to take another look at colors since we have decided to change off of our original choice (Signature Green)...

-Jon

Sorry I missed you, Jon! I would have stopped had you yelled :wink:

TEG (and Martin) - how does it compare with other sports cars you have driven?

It is different. More subtle, sublime, and poised.
Most other sports cars I have driven feel more unruly, boisterous, and raucous.

Some people will miss the wild excitement of a car that makes you work harder for your reward. In the end, though, I think most people will realize that this is the way you really want it to be.

It is different. More subtle, sublime, and poised. Most other sports cars I have driven feel more unruly, boisterous, and raucous.

Isn't this feeling at least partly due to current not-so-outrageous acceleration?

I'm sure when dt1.5 arrives that 0,68g acceleration will give it completely new character. Dr. Jackil and Mr. Hyde? :)

WarpedOne,

I'm pretty sure that powertrain 1.5 will have that same effortless feel. Motor Trend did a review of the Roadster (he tested the car with the old transmission which provides the same acceleration as 1.5 and the transmission with the car locked in second) and he described its acceleration like "a trap door being released below you" and "it's teh least drama I've ever felt" and " no shuddering, shacking, noise, ect."

I got a ride in an AC Propulsion Ebox (0-60 7 seconds) and the only way to describe its acceleration would be marvelous.

Back to the topic:

We should've known TEG was gonna drive the car since he post any responses to Martin's question!