TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Maryland Tesla Dealership Locations

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Lanny, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

The Maryland "Tesla Law" goes into effect today, October 1st.

This means that Tesla can now be licensed as a dealer and have up to four locations in the state including the one in Bethesda.

It might be time to be on the lookout for building permits, etc. that would indicate where Tesla might be setting up additional sales locations in Maryland.

Any clues out there?

Lanny

2. pmoa

pmoa Member

I'm thinking one in Towson would work and perhaps inner harbor?

3. JST

JST Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if they consolidated the Rockville service center with a dealer location like they did in Tyson's.

4. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

Tesla Sales and Service in Owings Mills, MD

Here you go...

Listed as Coming Soon on the Tesla website: Tesla Store and Service Center in Owings Mills, MD

Lanny

Sales_Service_OM.png

5. pmoa

pmoa Member

Awesome! It's like 10 minutes from the house! Hallelujah!

6. CatB

CatB Member

I have heard rumblings that a combined service center/store (sorry, Lanny, I just can't call them "dealers" - that's such a bad word to me now - there's "drug dealers" who destroy lives, "car dealers" who cheat customers (although granted, not *all* of them), "arms dealers" who foster terrorist organizations, etc.... bad connotations for me), between Baltimore and Annapolis, I'd prefer one in Towson/Hunt Valley area (although NOT Towsontowne Center - are you listening Tesla?)

- - - Updated - - -

So ranger/valet within 50 miles, that's good to know...

Crossed posts - that works for me - still need something for the Annapolis crowd though...

7. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

Looks like Annapolis is open according to Tesla's web site. The description says coming soon, but the website marks it in red, not gray like Owings Mills. Look like gallery only, no supercharger.

Annapolis-Annapolis Mall

Edit
      • Gallery
    • Coming Soon
    • 2002 Annapolis Mall Rd
      Annapolis, MD 21401

Our display is located in front of J Crew between Williams Sonoma and Free People. Recommended parking near Nordstrom on the East side of the mall. Enter between Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen.
      Driving Directions
      • Sales (888) 518-3752
      • Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752
      • Hours
        Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
        Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm

8. DirectConnection

Anyone know when the Owings Mills location will be open for business? My November-delivery 90D is scheduled to go through Rockville, but Owings Mills is a lot closer!

9. jdo

jdo Member

Even though it's not an ideal location for supercharging, it might help relieve some of the traffic at Newark if they put some SCs up at Owings Mills.

10. drichardson875

This is great news. Not too far from my office. Looks like this is going to be on Township Rd. off of Greenspring Valley Road.

11. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

Here are some photos of the Tesla "Experience Center" in Annapolis Mall.

It's a temporary site said to be open only until December. It's in the main hallway of the mall across from the J Crew store in the vicinity of JCPenney.

Lanny

PlugInSitesTeslaAnnapolis01.JPG

PlugInSitesTeslaAnnapolis03.JPG

PlugInSitesTeslaAnnapolis02.jpg

12. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

Hopefully Tesla will invest a few dollars and put in a couple of HPWC's. I have charged in those parking spots, they are a joke. I received "bad wiring" messages and charging was reduced. I'm guessing they will get 2 to 3 mph on their test drive cars. Arrive early for a test drive as they will get shorter during the day.

13. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

Sent the following to the destination team. "Are there plans to install a few destination chargers at Annapolis Mall in Annapolis, Md? There is now a sales experience location in the mall and it seems like Tesla will be using the only available charging options at the Mall which is a poorly wired 20amp 110v plug."

And got the following reply,

"We have already reached out to the Annapolis Mall with our offer to no avail. If you know any managers or property owners at the mall or destinations nearby, feel free to pass them along or make any introductions.

Thank you,

Destination Charging Team
    3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304
    e [email protected] | f 510.952.4482

So if anybody knows anyone let the destination team know.

14. PatD

PatD Member

Really? They've "signed a lease" with the mall and can't get a response from anyone on electric? Seems odd.