Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts delivery Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you completed all steps within your Tesla profile (delivery location, registration, trade-in info, payment, etc)? I saw two (2) Model Y with your spec on the lot in Chicago over the weekend so they’re available.... Good luck.

I'm lost, I ordered 8/4/19 and I still don't have a VIN. I have checked the source code...nothing. Why are users who ordered months after me getting their cars first!

LR//white exterior/black interior/Gemini/FSD
Who knows. I have a friend that ordered the same config as you in Feb. 2020 and is getting delivered to Dedham June 8. He owns a M3, so maybe current Tesla owners are being prioritized.

I'm lost, I ordered 8/4/19 and I still don't have a VIN. I have checked the source code...nothing. Why are users who ordered months after me getting their cars first!

Boston Area. I ordered exactly the same config as yours on Feb and received VIN on Mar 25. But due to the COVID I called them to postpone to July. Maybe I will keep postpone until I need a car to go back to office.

We are in the Boston area, and ordered a Y within 1 hour of the announcement on the night of the reveal, March, 2019. Paid the $2500 deposit. Bought a Model 3 in June, 2019. Sold the Model 3 in March 2020 when we were told to prepare for delivery, and we still today have not gotten a VIN, or any acknowledgement of our waiting. Everytime we ask we are told everything is done on our end and they will be in touch when they have a VIN, expect 8 - 12 weeks. Our referral charging miles are expiring at the end of June and they will not extend them, even though we do not have a car. SO why does a night 1 order holder with $2500 deposit down have to wait just as long as someone that places an order today? Tesla is less than sympathetic.

We are in the Boston area, and ordered a Y within 1 hour of the announcement on the night of the reveal, March, 2019. Paid the $2500 deposit. Bought a Model 3 in June, 2019. Sold the Model 3 in March 2020 when we were told to prepare for delivery, and we still today have not gotten a VIN, or any acknowledgement of our waiting. Everytime we ask we are told everything is done on our end and they will be in touch when they have a VIN, expect 8 - 12 weeks. Our referral charging miles are expiring at the end of June and they will not extend them, even though we do not have a car. SO why does a night 1 order holder with $2500 deposit down have to wait just as long as someone that places an order today? Tesla is less than sympathetic.

You're a perfect example case that's totally unfair... Over a year of reservation and nothing. I definitely do see a lot of recent purchasers getting their car delivered.. Like are they sorting their excel spreadsheet the opposite way or something???

I've also been waiting since last year June. Haven't heard squat. Not a single email or text that others have gotten. I've only completed my profile because I reached out to Tesla and also read it on the forums..

Typically when you are an early adopter to a new start up company for any product - you can't expect much with timeline and what not. Just like when you buy things on indigogo, but at least be transparent about it!

Thx. Honestly we are thinking of scrapping the reservation at this point and buying something else for a year or so, until the cars decrease in price (like models seem to do) and quality issues are resolved. We cant help but to feel a bit disappointed in how the company has treated us. And we need a car now that we sold the 3. Its a real slap in the face when we read "I ordered 5/22 and got my VIN today!" type of posts.

A "thank you for your order - we haven't forgotten about you" would go a long way, or a "hey, here's a 3 month extension for your miles in appreciation of your loyalty". But nothing. We don't seem to matter much more than how much money we give to them.

Thx. Honestly we are thinking of scrapping the reservation at this point and buying something else for a year or so, until the cars decrease in price (like models seem to do) and quality issues are resolved. We cant help but to feel a bit disappointed in how the company has treated us. And we need a car now that we sold the 3. Its a real slap in the face when we read "I ordered 5/22 and got my VIN today!" type of posts.

A "thank you for your order - we haven't forgotten about you" would go a long way, or a "hey, here's a 3 month extension for your miles in appreciation of your loyalty". But nothing. We don't seem to matter much more than how much money we give to them.

Yeah that sucks even more, considering you're a returning customer. Sorry, but good luck on your next steps decision.

While I agree that this sucks and is totally unfair...realize you've waited this long and will probably be getting a vin any time now. No one knows why this happens but there has to be a method to their madness. I understand the frustration, but make sure you really dont want the car before you cancel.

I agree, some sort of update would be nice. I call them almost every day. Nobody has any answers. My bigger concern is if something goes wrong is this the kind of service I am going to receive?

Who knows. I have a friend that ordered the same config as you in Feb. 2020 and is getting delivered to Dedham June 8. He owns a M3, so maybe current Tesla owners are being prioritized.
Perhaps, but I ordered last October, own a M3 but haven't heard anything on my MY order yet except I'm being told this summer. Hopefully that means before end of Q2 but since my configuration includes the tow hitch maybe not.

Perhaps this has something to do with lockdown in MA up until this week. Now compound that with the shutdown at the Freemont factory. Forget about Tesla, if you order something at Homedepot, they are taking more than 8 days for curbside delivery. While I understand the frustrations of folks who have ordered but I think this will pick up soon and you'll will be very happy Tesla owners posting pictures and what not. Hang in there.

Perhaps this has something to do with lockdown in MA up until this week. Now compound that with the shutdown at the Freemont factory. Forget about Tesla, if you order something at Homedepot, they are taking more than 8 days for curbside delivery. While I understand the frustrations of folks who have ordered but I think this will pick up soon and you'll will be very happy Tesla owners posting pictures and what not. Hang in there.

Mt. Kisco is open. that is an option for us to pick up at. that is where we picked up our 3.

Reactions: Isakura