Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After driving a few days and letting it run down to about 175ish miles of range remaining I charged to 90% again last night. Now the 90% charge range is 283. that's definitely higher than I've ever seen it at 90%.
I was getting 279 at 90%......updated went to 283......updated to 32.12.2 dropped to 277.......got 36.2.1 tonight.....will charge tomorrow and find out what I have....

not sure my wife will like the auto/hold......she likes creep and I=using the brake......

I've just got the update to 2019.36.2.1, as others have already noted, the charge speed increase is missing from the release notes for SR+...
IMG_20191109_075927.jpg
IMG_20191109_075935.jpg
IMG_20191109_075941.jpg

Last edited:
What's interesting is that despite people saying "No no no, it won't work like that", the car absolutely does apply opposite force with the motor to bring you to a complete stop before applying the brake. It may not in all circumstances, but absolutely does when reversing down hill, to the point where sometimes you actually move forward a tiny bit before stopping and the hold brake is applied.

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey
LW AWD here. Yes I saw my 90% charge range go from 279mi pre-2019.36.1 to 283mi post update. Immediately after the update it showed the same exact range as before. But I let the battery run down some over the last couple of days and charged to 90% last night and had the 283mi this morning.

It's not huge but I've never had I 90% get to 283. I think I've seen 281 a couple of times.

I havent received my update yet, but the car for the first time this morning charged over the normal 278-279..... maybe I will be getting my update today.

Attachments

• 73D21592-A5C1-4321-9B1E-A9C2FAF3CCCC.png
    73D21592-A5C1-4321-9B1E-A9C2FAF3CCCC.png
    1 MB · Views: 86
What's interesting is that despite people saying "No no no, it won't work like that", the car absolutely does apply opposite force with the motor to bring you to a complete stop before applying the brake. It may not in all circumstances, but absolutely does when reversing down hill, to the point where sometimes you actually move forward a tiny bit before stopping and the hold brake is applied.
In the i3 if you stopped on a steep incline with one-pedal driving, the motor registered actual current draw in order to keep it stopped.

Now what they need to do is blend friction braking with regen when the batteries are cold such that one pedal driving is consistent no matter the temperature or battery charge state. You know they can already do this since it does it on AP.
I completely agree with this. Having a different driving dynamics based on battery state is a little disconcerting especially when it relates to stopping! I've had a few junctions now that I've approached a little too quickly because the regen has been limited.