Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you notice any range increase? I also have an LR RWD so I was just curious
I really have not seen any range increase. If anything it is getting harder to track. I have gone to energy instead of miles on the display because at times I would come back to the car and my range had actually increased- no charging, in the garage with stable temps, etc. I have seen as much as a 1.5 kwh as of yesterday and even higher in the past, 2.5kwh increase or more. This is all tracked on Teslafi and as I understand it their data is straight from Tesla.

And out of curiosity, are you part of EAP?

I wonder if this is a wide release or not, nonetheless I'm excited for that 1 pedal driving and the scheduled preconditioning could not have come at a better time, we're now below 0degC.

I don't know if I am or not, had enough referrals for it when it was a thing along with buying FSD but no confirmation as to whether I am or not. Friend back home gets updates at the same time, but I am in a odd situation since I'm with the military overseas (out of region car.)

I will say, 1 pedal driving is awesome and don't know if it's better efficiency or my driving style. But buddy and I went to Frankfurt (he's on 32.1) and he got there with 55% charge. While I got there with 63%.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
Nobody releases new software on a Friday unless they have to.

This is probably going only to 36.1 installs first to confirm the reverse bug was fixed. I doubt we will see broader distribution until next week.

I hope I’m wrong as I’m eager to get it.
When something like this happens, why not just "roll back" to the prior firmware version right away, rather than leaving new firmware problems out in the field while they scramble to fix and re-release? Seems that would be a "safer" and quicker approach.

When something like this happens, why not just "roll back" to the prior firmware version right away, rather than leaving new firmware problems out in the field while they scramble to fix and re-release? Seems that would be a "safer" and quicker approach.

You'd then have threads of people whining that Tesla took away their updates, threats of lawsuits for 'losing features', blah blah blah. Can't win em all.

@wk057 or @verygreen may be able to downgrade, but as far as I know Tesla install packages can't.

Reactions: AustinM3LR
According to TeslaFi (public pages; I'm not a member) 312 cars had received 36.1.

At the moment I type this, 291 are still on 36.1 and 28 have received 36.2.1, suggesting that a few cars (7) received 36.2.1 from older versions but mostly the 36.1 cars are getting 36.2.1.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Yep, according to TeslaFi (I have access to member pages) it looks like the only cars being upgraded to 2019.36.2.1 were previously on 2019.36.1, so that indicates a patch/fix release.

Whether it rolls out to others that are currently on 2019.32.x and prior, or a new release altogether needs to be built for "older" versions, remains to be seen.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 11.30.21 AM.png