Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also did not find much difference, measured only 0.1s, but remember we already got 5% increase back in April, another 5% would be double dipping ;)

Interesting. I find it to be quite noticeable, especially with daily driving. I haven't even tried a full throttle run yet, but I thought this update was more noticeable than the previous one, especially on lower speeds from 0-40mph.

Interesting. I find it to be quite noticeable, especially with daily driving. I haven't even tried a full throttle run yet, but I thought this update was more noticeable than the previous one, especially on lower speeds from 0-40mph.

Agreed. My LR RWD fee significantly faster, the pedal response is way more powerful early on.

I didn't feel much with the last 5% update (if at all). But this time it changed the way the car drives entirely.

Last edited:
took delivery today with new software update. Almost paid extra for performance but seems the new 0-60 times are considerably different than what Tesla has posted. (Yeah i pretty much did this within half an hour of taking delivery) I’m getting right at 4 and a couple sub 4’s is this about what others are getting.

actually first run was terrible like 5 sec, realized the car was in chill. Phew. Got real worried there.
Chill should be much worse, in the 7-8 second range.

Reactions: ZappCatt and AlanJ
That sounds low, I think it was measured at over 400kW after the update

Yeah, that was before the update. Just got 385 kW this morning after the update. Nice! That was with a cold battery at 91% SOC, not using track mode (although I don't think that changes much).

Interesting. That means they didn't necessarily find a more efficient motor control algorithm that makes more power with the same battery input. They maybe found a way to pull more power out of the battery at the same voltage and speed. Or they just believe they can allow 5% more amps from the battery now without worrying about long term failures. I had assumed the P3D was battery limited before the update. I wonder how many more amps they can pull? I believe someone has accessed the firmware to find the peak amp limit, so it should be out there.

For the Model 3 Performance: 385 kW / 75 kwhr = ~5.1C.
The P90D pulls over 6C, although with a different cell and with some long term reliability questions. The P100D pulls ~5.8C, so I guess there may be still more power to be had.

• Informative
Reactions: TEG
Yeah, that was before the update. Just got 385 kW this morning after the update. Nice! That was with a cold battery at 91% SOC, not using track mode (although I don't think that changes much).

Interesting. That means they didn't necessarily find a more efficient motor control algorithm that makes more power with the same battery input. They maybe found a way to pull more power out of the battery at the same voltage and speed. Or they just believe they can allow 5% more amps from the battery now without worrying about long term failures. I had assumed the P3D was battery limited before the update. I wonder how many more amps they can pull? I believe someone has accessed the firmware to find the peak amp limit, so it should be out there.

For the Model 3 Performance: 385 kW / 75 kwhr = ~5.1C.
The P90D pulls over 6C, although with a different cell and with some long term reliability questions. The P100D pulls ~5.8C, so I guess there may be still more power to be had.

Very cool, sorry I misread your previous post - so you had 349kw (~468hp) before the update, then 385kW (~516hp) after the update, which is actually about 10% increase. Awesome!

Agreed. My LR RWD fee significantly faster, the pedal response is way more powerful early on.

I didn't feel much with the last 5% update (if at all). But this time it changed the way the car drives entirely.

I agree - this 5% update you can feel easily vs. the last one. It was almost like the same surprise feeling the first time I punched it after the car was delivered.

LW AWD here. Yes I saw my 90% charge range go from 279mi pre-2019.36.1 to 283mi post update. Immediately after the update it showed the same exact range as before. But I let the battery run down some over the last couple of days and charged to 90% last night and had the 283mi this morning.

It's not huge but I've never had I 90% get to 283. I think I've seen 281 a couple of times.
I charge to 90% My range when new was 279 miles now after 10,000 miles its 269-272 miles of range