Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.3 and .4 [nothing new in release notes In comparison to prior version]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For 6 years now, our Model S (and newer Model S) will drop to 32 Amps because of spotty electricity in our area. I have watched the voltage and seems to slow down when voltage hits around 235.

Then I have to manually reset it (by unplugging, waiting a few minutes and then starting over). But, it's not worth the effort, because the voltage inevitably drops again. However, most nights the slower charge rate does not matter.
I looked at the graph of the charge timing.......it appeared to have happened about 45 min into the charge.....then it would cycle every 20 min rom 40 amps to 32 amps and then back to 40 amps......it could have been we had electrical problem =s in the area but the consistent cycling every 20 min or so is very unusual....hope I do not have any charging issues with the car

I got this update today (second in a couple of weeks) and it said my car got a 5% power increase as a result, that's 10% in less than a month, I love my Tesla! ;)

Just to nitpick (quiet morning here). Two 5% power increases dont equal a 10% power increase. It's actually a 10.25% power increase. But, as was noted, there was only one power increase. So my nitpicking is double nitpicking :)

We got rain today in SoCal and the wipers performed well. They seemed more sensitive to lower amounts of rain drops on the windshield, and responded well to increases in rainfall. It’s been a while since I drove in the rain (last couple of times it rained I was stuck at home) so I honestly don’t know how well it compares to 36.2.2 or 36.2.1, but I’m pretty certain it was wiping earlier than on versions previous to those.

Weird, i updated, then I got a second notification to update. First update seems to have not changed the software version in the app. Installing the second update now. Still says 6.2.3 on the second around. Maybe the first update got canceled halfway for some reason

nvm: update keeps failing

I got this update yesterday. Immediately after install my car says “Car needs service. Unable to charge”. My car will no longer charge at home, only supercharging still works.
7B337BC6-8666-4A87-A6FF-21035BB38A65.jpeg
7F2E8904-F64D-4C31-A6F8-1ACC36005C6A.jpeg

Attachments

• 83C68446-C38E-4B66-B4D6-D5568BA10DEE.jpeg
    83C68446-C38E-4B66-B4D6-D5568BA10DEE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 62407187-3649-465E-B102-5EA50DF5DAD8.jpeg
    62407187-3649-465E-B102-5EA50DF5DAD8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
just got 40.1.1......still raining in SoCal......will drive in rain tomorrow and see if wipers work
I got this update yesterday. Immediately after install my car says “Car needs service. Unable to charge”. My car will no longer charge at home, only supercharging still works.
when I got 36.2.3, my charging went nuts....current dropped down to 30-32 amps every 30 mi.....stayed there for 15 min and then went back up.....got 40.1.1 last night.....hopefully no charging issues.......this is the 3rd update in 8 days

I went out to my 3 this morning, and the 36.2.3 update was available. Once I got to work, I turned off Sentry Mode in the screen and set it to start the update. I'm curious to see if the one pedal driving HOLD mode is now disabled when in Reverse. Otherwise I'm not expecting anything.

the difference i noticed from 36.2.1 to 36.2.3 is in the charging section in your phone app. when you set the charge limit it used to just show the bar but now the approx range is shown at the lower left corner of the "battery"

• Informative
Reactions: MarcG