Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.3 and .4 [nothing new in release notes In comparison to prior version]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh man, what happened to the software check button that I can hit 5x to get the download? Seems to be gone on 36.2.1?
It's very unlikely that ever worked to force the update, just forced a check (which it probably still does when you hit the update page) and you just happened to have an update ready. As I recall that method started spreading once the huge rollout was already underway.

It's very unlikely that ever worked to force the update, just forced a check (which it probably still does when you hit the update page) and you just happened to have an update ready. As I recall that method started spreading once the huge rollout was already underway.

Sooo when I read the post(s) about tapping the icon however many times I ass-umed it included sarcasm. I’m pretty sure there’s no way to “force” an update on the user side and even the “advanced” slider is probably a placebo.

Reactions: C141medic
Got the update and the car rendering has been better for me. It’s rendering oncoming traffic more consistently and before it would only render oncoming traffic from one lane adjacent, but today it was rendering traffic from two lanes away at times. And while on AP at times it was highlighting the car behind me the same as the one in front of me, which I never noticed before on previous versions. The Come to Me button was popping up more quickly for me on the Tesla app too.

After updating, the look of my Model 3 changed.

Brings it more in line with how Tesla is designing cars I guess.

B0D4CF35-675D-464A-A9AD-B10F2AADD0C0.jpeg

I noticed autopilot doesn't hit the brakes in HOV lanes when it goes past the entrances/exits.

Oh man, that really gives me some hope. Every single day I have to override AP and accelerate through every HOV entry/exit section in my area. I'm almost always going quicker than the traffic to the right (kinda the point) and without fail it slams on the brakes for cars one or even two lanes over.

I'm not going to get my hopes too high though - based on it working fine for others my suspicion is it's based on stored lane information for the specific highway you're on - maybe that's been updated for your area?

Looks like this update came to a screaming halt.

Teslafi shows 36.2.1, 36.2.2, 36.2.3, and 36.2.7 are ALL still going out to owners as of this morning in varying (somewhat small) numbers, with 36.2.3 having the most installs of the group (and it has a massive # of em yesterday compared to the others).

Currently about 67% of the fleet is on 36.2.1, the next largest % is ~14% on 36.2.3.

It's still only 9:30 AM on the US east coast today- and 6:30 AM on the west coast where greater than like half of all Teslas live

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
well I noticed that last night when I plugged I to charge, I was only getting 32amps.......before update I was getting constant 40 amps....to charge from 26% to 90% took 5hrs - 48min....never had this issue before

And to clarify, you believe the update is holding back charge? I could be that or like some people it’s lowered the Amps which you can change on the screen. It could also be some other variables, weather/the drive you did before plugging it in/etc...

What are you using to charge? The gen2 mobile charger that comes with the model 3 only does 32 amps max.
I have the wall charger....my app was frozen at 0345 this morning also.....I will check the charge and make sure I have it set to 40amps......I have never seen this happen before......it started off at 40 when the schedule time arrived, but during the charging it dropped to 32amps

And to clarify, you believe the update is holding back charge? I could be that or like some people it’s lowered the Amps which you can change on the screen. It could also be some other variables, weather/the drive you did before plugging it in/etc...
no sure about weather because it was 65F at 9:30pm when charging started......wife had driven 140 miles before she came home at 9:00pm......cr was not asleep yet......so I am guessing it was the change in amps from the software update....I will check that now....thanks in for the help

I have the wall charger....my app was frozen at 0345 this morning also.....I will check the charge and make sure I have it set to 40amps......I have never seen this happen before......it started off at 40 when the schedule time arrived, but during the charging it dropped to 32amps
Normally when there is a 25% drop, it's because of a suspected issue with your wiring. Did you check to see if your voltage was still around 240V at the time or was it lower, such as 220V?

We sometimes see our amps drop when our neighbors' pool pump is running in the early morning.

If you search around, there are numerous threads on reduced charging amps. This has been around as a safety measure for years.

Normally when there is a 25% drop, it's because of a suspected issue with your wiring. Did you check to see if your voltage was still around 240V at the time or was it lower, such as 220V?

We sometimes see our amps drop when our neighbors' pool pump is running in the early morning.

If you search around, there are numerous threads on reduced charging amps. This has been around as a safety measure for years.
I thought go that.....but our pool pump doesn't come on until 0800....I charge at 9:30pm.....and around our neighborhood all the people are going to sleep around 11:00pm or so....I did notice the voltage at 233-239v at times...but nothing below 230v......

its funny that my app stopped functioning at 0345.....my wife's also but did not notice it until 1000 this morning.....I signed out and reloaded the app....kept getting "unknown error"......signed back after 15-20 attempts and now it isa working.....trying to check on amps but will have to wait until tonite to insure they are at 40a......thanks for your insight

• Helpful
Reactions: flash3d
I thought go that.....but our pool pump doesn't come on until 0800....I charge at 9:30pm.....and around our neighborhood all the people are going to sleep around 11:00pm or so....I did notice the voltage at 233-239v at times...but nothing below 230v......

For 6 years now, our Model S (and newer Model S) will drop to 32 Amps because of spotty electricity in our area. I have watched the voltage and seems to slow down when voltage hits around 235.

Then I have to manually reset it (by unplugging, waiting a few minutes and then starting over). But, it's not worth the effort, because the voltage inevitably drops again. However, most nights the slower charge rate does not matter.