Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.3 and .4 [nothing new in release notes In comparison to prior version]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I should have read the thread before installing the update. I came home and after putting the car in Park hit the button to Install Now and left the car. Didn't get a notification on my phone, which I usually do on installs, and so looked at my phone app. Still showing available to download (not that it was doing it) and so not sure what is happening. It said it would take less than 25 minutes so I'll go out to the car and check on it in a bit. BTW never had a problem with updating the car before.

One of the things I have been having problems with for this week and not sure when exactly it started is that my radio stations that I play each day suddenly started hanging with error loading indicated. Sometimes I could switch to another "channel" and it would play but then it would hang too. Today going to my appointment and all the way coming home, I probably had it hanging more than playing anything. My husband's MS has loading errors a lot and has for some time. Not happy it is happening to my car now and sure hope if it was something introduced with 36.2.3 that 36.2.4 will fix it. Going now to read past comments here.

Ha, was just about to go out to the car and grabbed my phone and saw the notification that the update was complete (now 36.2.4). Will be interested to see if I notice any difference tomorrow. I’ll be sure to check some of the Hold etc issues on my setup to see if it changed any settings as some others have mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: fiatlux
Has anyone else noticed int 36.2.3 that Scheduled Departure is flawed? In 36.2.1 it would start the charge at around 4 am, complete at the set percentage, and then heat the cabin just before departure. In 36.2.3 as soon as I plug the charger into the charge port it starts charging immediately. Seems like a flaw. I've gone back to Stats App until this is updated. Haven't seen anyone else mention it.
This is actually how the car measures available charge power so it knows how much power to pull and for how long. Once it knows, it will calc what time to start the charge in advance and hit the range+cabin heat usage target. After a day it should normalize.

Have 32.4 downloaded and installed tonight, got the car 2 weeks ago.
Phone app said it is completed, no message error.

I just hope it will somehow fix the buzzing noise I hear when pre-heati g the cabin remotely and unplugged. The noise last night was insanely loud. Got me worried.

This is my issue. Anyone else ever seen this?

6B0B911C-AAEE-41D4-84A1-99C30FC15A09.jpeg

One of the things I have been having problems with for this week and not sure when exactly it started is that my radio stations that I play each day suddenly started hanging with error loading indicated. Sometimes I could switch to another "channel" and it would play but then it would hang too. Today going to my appointment and all the way coming home, I probably had it hanging more than playing anything. My husband's MS has loading errors a lot and has for some time. Not happy it is happening to my car now and sure hope if it was something introduced with 36.2.3 that 36.2.4 will fix it. Going now to read past comments here.
I've found that I now need to reboot the display after every upgrade so radio stations would consistently work.

I've found that I now need to reboot the display after every upgrade so radio stations would consistently work.

I try to reboot if I remember usually and will make a point when I head out tomorrow. Curious do all of your stations have their logos appear? I’ve seemed to have lost a number of them over time. Recently a few came back. Just don’t get why or how. Much easier to find what you want to listen to by looking for the image.

• Informative
Reactions: Twincam23
Hey all. Newbie question here. Just actually took delivery today off my SR+ FSD and software is on 2019.35.102. 2 questions. 1. Have I not even received the 5% boost yet and 2. Hope long sure it usually take to get the latest update. I did already turn on advanced. Thank you

It's fine to charge to 100% to find out the capacity (and satisfy curiosity here), but for day-to-day use you should not charge above 80% (prolongs battery life). Keep those 100% charges for the long road trips.

2020 SR+ Over 240 miles

Can you take a picture of your Energy Consumption screen and be sure it captures the following three numbers simultaneously:

1) Rated miles remaining (not %) next to the battery icon. Does not need to be at any particular charge level.

2) Projected range (right hand side of graph, in “average” mode, not instantaneous mode)

3) “Recent” efficiency, left side of graph (averaging interval does not matter, but may as well select the max interval). You could take one picture for each of the ranges I guess.

Just need those three numbers in the same picture.

Ideally for slightly better resolution you could select “km” rather than miles, but not too important.

Thanks! Will help determine what the new constant is, if it has changed. It used to be 219Wh per rated mile for the SR+...

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Well I should have read the thread before installing the update. I came home and after putting the car in Park hit the button to Install Now and left the car. Didn't get a notification on my phone, which I usually do on installs, and so looked at my phone app. Still showing available to download (not that it was doing it) and so not sure what is happening. It said it would take less than 25 minutes so I'll go out to the car and check on it in a bit. BTW never had a problem with updating the car before.

Ha, was just about to go out to the car and grabbed my phone and saw the notification that the update was complete (now 36.2.4). Will be interested to see if I notice any difference tomorrow. I’ll be sure to check some of the Hold etc issues on my setup to see if it changed any settings as some others have mentioned.

I was also getting the loading error on several podcasts I subscribe to. Got the latest software update yesterday. May also try rebooting the console as mentioned later if problem persists.

Still getting the loading error after console reboot.

RT

Last edited: