Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know one that i could recommend to Tesla, but nothing would be released then cause everything is a critical / show stopper for that fella hahaha

Can you come work for my company instead? :D

Also in all seriousness I think the ease of OTA updates is what encourages rushed releases. “Oh, we’ll just fix it in the next sprint.” The same thing happened to games, apps, programs in general once the internet took off in earnest. Suddenly you didn’t always have to get it right the first time. Just release a patch a week later.

Back when my dad was studying computer science, they still used punch cards as input. You wrote your code by hand, tested it manually (think unit tests, but on paper), then typed the final product into the terminal that spit out the cards. If you had a bug, you had to start all over again. Imagine if modern devs, myself included, had to put up with that. You’d damn well bet we’d be careful. But stuff would come out much slower too.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
Back when my dad was studying computer science, they still used punch cards as input. You wrote your code by hand, tested it manually (think unit tests, but on paper), then typed the final product into the terminal that spit out the cards. If you had a bug, you had to start all over again.
Sounds like my comp-sci academic and first job experience (circa 1974-6).

Hi. Thanks for that link. Question, does it pull only from people that have TeslaFi?

That is only for people who have intentionally signed up for TeslaFi, which includes the currently "scary" requirement to give them full access to your Tesla Account(either via a Token, or your username/password)

While the token seems "safer" it is an API token, so gives full control to your account/vehicles if anyone were to get it.

Reactions: t-rizzle
Is your phone Apple or Android?

I tested this today as well and it crashed the display. All I did was switch the First/Last toggle and it immediately rebooted. On an Android device here.

With the new voice commands, I no longer can file a bug report properly. I use to say, "Big Report and the problem" but now when I do it, it will say it doesn't recognize the command. Saying, "Bug Report" only sends the report. Guess they can pull the logs, but sucks I can't include the problem now.

I tested this today as well and it crashed the display. All I did was switch the First/Last toggle and it immediately rebooted. On an Android device here.

With the new voice commands, I no longer can file a bug report properly. I use to say, "Big Report and the problem" but now when I do it, it will say it doesn't recognize the command. Saying, "Bug Report" only sends the report. Guess they can pull the logs, but sucks I can't include the problem now.

I've seen at least half a dozen reports of folks having this issue and none of them have been using Apple phones. I wonder if that is the common denominator for those of us that have this issue.

Reactions: Frunkenstein
Installed 2019.40.50.7 last night and this morning found the following bugs when backing out of the garage:

1.) Black backup camera
2.) Mirrors didn't unfold for about 2 miles (normally unfold about 50 feet from the garage)
3.) Navigation display shows car at home. Map can be manipulated normally but car location doesn't change
4.) No AP or TACC (had to actually steer 37 miles to work...ugh:cool:)

Tried the two-wheel reboot before I hit the freeway but no change. Tried again in work parking lot, no change. Tried soft reset a couple times at lunch with no change.

Walked out to the car after work, got in and the first screen looked the same with the car location stuck on home.

Then while I was starting up Waze for the drive home, all of a sudden the screen changes to my actual location.

The drive home was uneventful and all features worked perfectly. Go figure!

Anyone know yet what the deal with the reduced regen braking on the new software update is all about?

I don't know what deal is but it drives me crazy to use my actual brakes all the time now. My only guess is that Tesla determined that the batteries weren't liking the high in-rush current from full power regen when they are even remotely cold and recent BMS software releases have severely crippled regen in cold weather to protect the battery better.

Anyone still seeing the issue with the web browser causing the driver information side of the screen to wig out and reset? I'm still seeing it on 40.50.7. I specifically use weather.com for my test. Just drive around with the browser open to that web page and try to keep an eye out for flashing warning lights or AP take over immediately panics followed by a reset of the warning lights and driving visualizations. Also when it's in that state, you cannot engage TACC or AP but it will most likely continue to operate in those modes if they were activated prior to the presentation of the glitching.

Maybe its been there all along and i didnt notice it before, but it seems Easy Entry no longer auto triggers as soon you put the car in park.
It triggers once you unbuckle your seatbelt.

I wish I paid more attention before but mine also triggers on seat belt un-buckle. Makes sense I guess. Don't want people being squeezed by their seat belt if they have the seat set to move up and forward or something.

Installed 2019.40.50.7 last night and this morning found the following bugs when backing out of the garage:

1.) Black backup camera
2.) Mirrors didn't unfold for about 2 miles (normally unfold about 50 feet from the garage)
3.) Navigation display shows car at home. Map can be manipulated normally but car location doesn't change
4.) No AP or TACC (had to actually steer 37 miles to work...ugh:cool:)

Tried the two-wheel reboot before I hit the freeway but no change. Tried again in work parking lot, no change. Tried soft reset a couple times at lunch with no change.

Walked out to the car after work, got in and the first screen looked the same with the car location stuck on home.

Then while I was starting up Waze for the drive home, all of a sudden the screen changes to my actual location.

The drive home was uneventful and all features worked perfectly. Go figure!

2, 3 & 4 likely all have the same root cause. GPS not getting a position lock, perhaps.

• Helpful
Reactions: diezel_dave