Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the exact same thing, but it's apparently normal. Very quiet until you get to about 50, when it starts getting louder. I don't know if it's the side windows or the roof gap between glass and (painted) roof rails. So it's right on my left ear, but like you said, seems like it's not excessive, but the real test will be our upcoming long trip. Hope it doesn't get in my nerves at prolonged periods of 80+ mph. We'll see.

Reactions: royinla
I noticed the exact same thing, but it's apparently normal. Very quiet until you get to about 50, when it starts getting louder. I don't know if it's the side windows or the roof gap between glass and (painted) roof rails. So it's right on my left ear, but like you said, seems like it's not excessive, but the real test will be our upcoming long trip. Hope it doesn't get in my nerves at prolonged periods of 80+ mph. We'll see.

Yes, exactly the location you mentioned....

Yes, exactly the location you mentioned....

I had a noticeable wind noise that sounded like it was coming from my front passenger window, or roof glass area where it's near the window at the front. It was noticeable enough people commented on it when they drove with me. It occurred between 25-55mph, but usually when I drove faster than 50-55ish the noise went away. After much experimenting with painters tape I tracked it down to the passenger mirror, not actually the windows at all. I could tape across the crack where the mirror folded (front bumper side of the mirror) and the wind noise stopped. It turned out the black trim piece below the mirror was slightly askew. Looking at it I couldn't "see" that it was askew so figured it was defective somehow as installed, and scheduled an appointment to have Tesla look at it.

But before I could do the appointment, I had the car washed, and was drying some final drips from below the mirror and as I ran the towel across the black plastic trim below the mirror fold line something "clicked" into place. Wind/whistle noise gone.

Again, this was a distinct noise coming from "somewhere"... not general overall wind noise that all cars have, some more than others. But a surprising amount of wind noise is from and around mirrors even if it seems like it's from somewhere else based on my experience with trucks I've owned.

Not sure if this has been discussed but buying a preowned Model 3 Dual Motor from Tesla, being shipped to my local delivery center. Have not viewed the car yet, what happens if the condition is not acceptable to me? Tesla has already told me I cannot change orders to another Model 3 without loosing my deposit and transport fee.

Not sure if this has been discussed but buying a preowned Model 3 Dual Motor from Tesla, being shipped to my local delivery center. Have not viewed the car yet, what happens if the condition is not acceptable to me? Tesla has already told me I cannot change orders to another Model 3 without loosing my deposit and transport fee.
Am curious - how much was the transport fee ?

How much warranty does it have left ?

I believe you're out $500 if you don't take delivery. Tesla is not a consumer friendly company, welcome to their current monopoly!

I ordered my Model 3 on January 31 and should get it some time in March. Is it naive of me to hope that some of the big issues I’m reading here could be fixed by then? Any insight into how deliveries have looked in the last month? I noticed that most of the comments here were from December deliveries.

My deal worked out fine, build qualtiy is ok however coming from a rwd Model S P85+ to Model 3 Dual Motor with acceleration boost, it is automotive nirvana. The car is an absolute rocket, all the tech works amazing.

I’m happy to see that. In Sandy Munro’s recent interview with Elon, Elon mentioned that they had done some work to fix a few of the build quality issues that Sandy pointed out. I hope we see some truth to that.

On a side note, I too plan on getting the acceleration boost. Can’t wait.

I'm with you -- 99% of Tesla buyers and owners never get a whiff of this site and couldn't care less either. They just want their cars to work, and in many cases want to look cool in a Tesla.

It's just strange to me shrugging off the defects on a 50K and up purchase.

As far as the Cybertruck - I swear to god - so many truck people in my part of California will never buy that thing just out of principle. Forget the horsepower... forget the range. If it doesn't have some Cummins diesel and dualies they won't touch it.

those diesel lovers can appreciate the rear of the cybertruck fading into the distance because they will be seeing it a lot

• Love
Reactions: TBrownTX