Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP battery in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder when the LFP version will hit fueleconomy.gov. I'd also like the see the window sticker for the LFP version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-082137.png
    Screenshot_20210827-082137.png
    665 KB · Views: 165
I'm scheduled to pickup the week of Sept 6th. Would you guys delay to get the new lfp batteries now that we know they're arriving in droves? No rush on getting the car since I still have my current Audi. Higher cycle count is good but cold weather degradation could be a bad experience with south western Ontario weather.

I'm scheduled to pickup the week of Sept 6th. Would you guys delay to get the new lfp batteries now that we know they're arriving in droves? No rush on getting the car since I still have my current Audi. Higher cycle count is good but cold weather degradation could be a bad experience with south western Ontario weather.
If you're already scheduled for pickup in a week or so I would just stay the course and keep your current car.

Reactions: theothertom
LFP batteries generally have about 35% less energy than "regular" LiOn batteries. So how does the model 3 with LFP only suffer a 10 mile range penalty ? Did they put more batteries in the LFP cars?

My understanding is that the Model 3 has plenty of space for bigger batteries like for the LR/P options, but the smaller SR+ battery does not use up all the space. So a larger (physically) LFP SR+ battery still fits in the space allocated for battery in the Model 3.

So a car with multiple battery size options could use LFP for the smaller (in kWh) options, but the higher-energy-density batteries for the larger (in kWh) versions.

I have a Model-3 SR+ on order and received this email last night, wondering what's the pros and cons on the different type of battery they are offering to expedite the delivery.

We are contacting you about your Model 3 Standard Range Plus, currently estimated for delivery near the end of the year. We’d like to offer you the opportunity to receive your car even sooner. Due to limited supply and strong customer demand, we are introducing the Model 3 Standard Range Plus battery pack, which we already released in Europe and Asia, to North America. This battery has a range of 253 miles (est.). If you are interested in taking delivery as early as September, please visit our inventory page and search for Model 3 Standard Range Plus vehicles. If you choose to order, your original order fee can be applied to the purchase price of your vehicle upon delivery. If you are interested in taking delivery as early as September, please visit our inventory page and search for Model 3 Standard Range Plus vehicles. If you choose to order, your original order fee can be applied to the purchase price of your vehicle upon delivery. We will continue adding inventory on a rolling basis. Please check back regularly for a refreshed selection. Thank you for your continued support