TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Max car temp

Discussion in 'Model X' started by muncheroo, Feb 11, 2019.

1. muncheroo

muncheroo Member

From what I understand, the car will turn on the ac to prevent the cabin from passing 40C in an effort to prevent child and pet deaths. Has anyone had to turn this feature off due to excessive battery drain?

2. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Car will turn it off by itself if the battery get near depletion.
    It is really quite efficient and can run for a long time.

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

On the Model 3, there are 3 options, run AC, run fan only, don't run anything.

It is set to a relatively high temperature, to save lives, but not to be comfortable and at that level it doesn't run as often.

I wouldn't expect it to run much in temperate Seattle, even in Atlanta, it doesn't run a lot.

4. mxnym

mxnym Member

I reached out to support once because the cabin temperature was above the overheat protection "limit" being discussed at that time, and support responded that it monitors the equipment temperature as opposed to the cabin temperature. Doesn't seem like you'd call it "cabin overheat protection" if it's actually "MCU overheat protection," but here is a copy of the response I received: