Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max car temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Model 3, there are 3 options, run AC, run fan only, don't run anything.

It is set to a relatively high temperature, to save lives, but not to be comfortable and at that level it doesn't run as often.

I wouldn't expect it to run much in temperate Seattle, even in Atlanta, it doesn't run a lot.

I reached out to support once because the cabin temperature was above the overheat protection "limit" being discussed at that time, and support responded that it monitors the equipment temperature as opposed to the cabin temperature. Doesn't seem like you'd call it "cabin overheat protection" if it's actually "MCU overheat protection," but here is a copy of the response I received:

our cabin overheat protection does not go off the cabin temp sensor unfortunately. It is more or less for the electronics in the cabin from overheating. That being said, it uses the right temp sensor in the touch screen to identify when the overheat protection should kick in. During log review, the right temp sensor indicated around 107 degree F, which is a little higher than 105, but the overheat protection had just turned on so it does need a little time to cool and catch up. At this time you vehicle is operating as designed.