Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Charge 97%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
I just noticed that the max charge level I can set in the app is now 97%. And trip level now starts at 87‰. Anyone know why?
For the record I have never actually charged to 100% but it would be nice to know I can.

M3 LR 10k miles

Mine works as should. Screenshot_20200828-000041_Tesla.jpg

I saw the same weirdness earlier...old 90% level line was 87% by number. Think I overrode it in the car. App’s hanging on me right now, just after a car SW upgrade, so I cannot check if it has reverted.

Wonder if it was a server-side error.

I just noticed that the max charge level I can set in the app is now 97%. And trip level now starts at 87‰. Anyone know why?

It's gone back to 90/100 now. Go figure??

There seems to be two battery capacity figures, but its not entirely clear to me which one I am actually looking at/controlling in the app - a few days ago, the app was alternating between both- not sure if that is a feature, or a particular circumstance causing it.

TeslaFi shows both values if they differ (below), and marks the lower battery value in blue and marks it as 'cold'. Not really sure what 'cold' means as its not uncommon to have in very warm conditions. I guess its an internal temperature and the battery like it warm.

upload_2020-8-28_8-6-55.png

Above and below from same charge event, but slightly different stage (so ignore the charge limit disparity). Charge limit was initially set at 95%, but on completion, both car and app showed 94% which I think is what you are seeing. TeslaFi shows this as the 'cold' value which I think is the batteries usable capacity rather than the 95% absolute capacity. I have seen it revert to the higher value which is exactly what happened when I topped up to 100% - app was flipping between 99% and 100%.

What is not clear is what charge limit I am setting when I adjust it in the app. In TeslaFi, I can set the absolute, but I think in the app, the value that I am seeing is the 'cold; value hence why in some circumstances you cannot set to 100% charge. I have on occasion set say 75% limit, only to find car showing 77% battery on charge completion.

It can be confusing and at times, I am not entirely convinced that it is consistent or whether the battery range is interpolating from the absolute battery capacity or the 'cold' battery capacity.

upload_2020-8-28_8-10-46.png

Reactions: Roy W.