Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max charge % just dropped??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
New owner of a used P85 here. My car is parked in my garage and plugged in while I'm away for a week on vacation. I use the Tesla app now & then to check on things (and show it off to friends/family!).

Yesterday the app reported "charging complete" at 228 miles, which is what I've come to expect as the 80% mark. However, today the app says 213 miles, charging complete.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

The "charging complete" message probably refers to the previous day's charging. When you're plugged in and not using the car it doesn't charge continually. I think it tops off every three days or so. Probably what you're seeing is the vampire drain that hasn't been charged back up yet. If you ever need the car to start charging sooner when you're in a situation like this, just move the slider to a higher percentage and charging will start.

The "charging complete" message probably refers to the previous day's charging. When you're plugged in and not using the car it doesn't charge continually. I think it tops off every three days or so. Probably what you're seeing is the vampire drain that hasn't been charged back up yet. If you ever need the car to start charging sooner when you're in a situation like this, just move the slider to a higher percentage and charging will start.

Thanks TexasEV! Looks like you were absolutely right - I just check again and it is back to normal. I didn't realize that it doesn't charge continuously.