Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum Tires Size Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to determine what the maximum tires size anyone can confirm so far on the MYP. I just swapped over to my winter setup, but will to replace the Pirelli’s come next spring. I am running 20mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear.

I would like to run Vredestein Quatrac Pro’s.
Front:
275/40R21
Rear:
285/40R21

I believe I have seen some members post the rear size being okay, but I believe the front might be a little ambitious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Disagree
Reactions: Golfer and You.
Solution
I run 265/40R21 on the front and would not suggest going any larger — thus I agree with your intuition that 275/40R21 is a bit “ambitious”. I can virtually guarantee significant rubbing should this size rubber be mounted on the MYP with stock Uberturbines.

With regard to the proposed size for the rear axle, you can confidently mount your proposed spec (285/40R21) without issue.

Good luck.
my 2022, i have 275/40/21 and 295/40/21, smoother than the original setup. less bumpy
I think you win the prize for the largest increase in overall tire size from OEM — well done! Mine is much smoother as well although I’m sure your setup takes it to another level. Please post a pic (or two) if you’re able as I’d love to see the 275/40s on the front. Stay well. MJP

Upvote 0
Took delivery last Sunday and switched out the stock tires for these 265/40/21(front)and 285/40/21(rear)on Saturday.
Highly recommend! Looks better and drives better! No rubbing that I could tell. Set the PSI to 41 on all four but not sure if that makes a difference or not. Thanks for everyone who blazed the trail to confirm this setup works! Here‘s a couple of before and after pics of the fronts.
255/35/21
B7F0D0AA-ADB8-4A46-B49F-7B7EBF6381FA.jpeg

265/40/21

20D1E4F7-4522-468E-B5BF-32D8BDA9D10D.jpeg

Upvote 1
Did the tire shop give you crap for wanting to put those tries. My discount tires won’t install anything different from the OEM suggested. It’s super annoying.
Costco is probably the same way. I think it's mainly related to "Liability". BTW, Costco tire center in DE is excellent. I only purchase tires from Costco and have them rotated for free at 6000 miles. They also plug flat tire for free

Upvote 0
Here are some photos of the MICHELIN PS AS4 295/40R21 rears. The handling, ride and sound are all noticeably different with the 265/295 setup compared to the OEM Pirellis. The MYP is still is very confident in sharp curves, both my wife and I felt the ride is improved and although the sound is different on each road surface, cannot say it is any louder. Did the speed sharp turn/speed bump test and did not hear any rubbing.

View attachment 746339View attachment 746340View attachment 746341

Does anyone know if I can go with these tires on a 2022 MYP? (MICHELIN PS AS4 295/40R21)

Upvote 0
I am trying to determine what the maximum tires size anyone can confirm so far on the MYP. I just swapped over to my winter setup, but will to replace the Pirelli’s come next spring. I am running 20mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear.

I would like to run Vredestein Quatrac Pro’s.
Front:
275/40R21
Rear:
285/40R21

I believe I have seen some members post the rear size being okay, but I believe the front might be a little ambitious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0