Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxpider 3D carpeted version in 2018 MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to 3D their guide only lists fitment on vehicles up to 2017 model year. I think they may have changed the floor on the redesign. I'm not sure if anyone tried the old mats and had them fit. If someone has just let me know! By the way if you want 3D mats you can buy them on my site cheaper than anywhere else when you use coupon code TMC at checkout. joecarstuff.com If you want the carpet version just shoot me a message and I'll do a special order for the same price as the others.

Sorry for my ignorance, but didn't they change the design of the car in 2018? How do you differentiate the models then? Most manufacturers switch model year in Q3 of the year for productions.

Tesla doesn’t. Updates and improvements are released whenever they are ready, with no regard to the annual cycle. The only way to differentiate the models is by the date of manufacture. I am not sure what relevant changes were done throughout 2018, but I know that at some point in 2017 Tesla has dropped the dead pedal.

Im looking at these for my ‘18 Model S, and one of the reviews (with a picture) on Amazon shows that the drivers side doesn’t fit in a 2018.
Is there a reason why these would only fit 2017 and earlier?

There is a gap on drivers side sill area. Still very nice mats if you like all weather, but still want the carpeted look. I used them for 6 months and gave them away on the forums. The gap bothered me that much. Others maybe just a reposition could bring the gap to the other side towards center console. At the time I put approx 40k in miles on them in 9 months. We became close friends:confused: They held up and cleaned well under power sprayer. Also remove the 3d logo and replace with a rubber grommet if it keeps getting stuck on your heel. Just my two shekels.