Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MaxPider 3D mats fit Model S refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of stock until August of 2022!?? WTF. Come on guys. This is ridiculous. Cue and supplier excuses.

I just got the newer-style Tesla ones in, and they're reaaaaaally nice. Rubbery feeling, really solid, and they have Velcro on the back side to hold in position. Really pleased with them. The pictures in the car are hugely overexposed, but you get the idea. The picture out the car is more accurate in terms of color etc.

Attachments

• 1655409470591.jpeg
    1655409470591.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1655409481755.jpeg
    1655409481755.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 1655409539073.jpeg
    1655409539073.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Derrickd5
Just ordered rear Cargo and Frunk

From u-ace.com :)

Right on schedule.

Yay, I feel complete now.
Good to know. I have the floor mat from them but still on the fence about the cargo and frunk liner. I am particularly interested to see how it works over the driver side deep cargo pocket - most cargo liners have awkward access to that area. My other concern w/ the frunk liner is that the charger kit has velcro-y bottom which works well on the original OEM liner. Not sure how it works now on top of the 3dmaxpider liner (concern is it might slip around under heavy cornering).

Please show us pictures when you get them!

Good to know. I have the floor mat from them but still on the fence about the cargo and frunk liner. I am particularly interested to see how it works over the driver side deep cargo pocket - most cargo liners have awkward access to that area. My other concern w/ the frunk liner is that the charger kit has velcro-y bottom which works well on the original OEM liner. Not sure how it works now on top of the 3dmaxpider liner (concern is it might slip around under heavy cornering).

Please show us pictures when you get them!
Will definitely slide around if it’s like the Model 3 liners. I don’t keep my charger in the car though…

I’m not sure why I even bother with the frunk. I never use it. I rarely hard corner and keep everything in the lower trunk.

OEM Cargo liner for the X was a joke. I returned it, it was so bad. No “hinge” and buckled out where it bends. And the cup shape along the sides scraped the side walls making an absolute chore to open lower trunk. It was laughable it was so bad. I can’t believe owners just automatically buy them and assume since they are from Tesla they will be good.

MaxPider addressed all those issues.

Reactions: WilliamG
I’m not sure why I even bother with the frunk. I never use it. I rarely hard corner and keep everything in the lower trunk.

OEM Cargo liner for the X was a joke. I returned it, it was so bad. No “hinge” and buckled out where it bends. And the cup shape along the sides scraped the side walls making an absolute chore to open lower trunk. It was laughable it was so bad. I can’t believe owners just automatically buy them and assume since they are from Tesla they will be good.

MaxPider addressed all those issues.
Yeah the Model S one is annoying, too. I may just sell it and get the Maxpider, if I can find it in stock and it behaves better for getting to sub trunk and side cubby. Got any pics or videos of it in use in the S?

Last edited:
It's great for take out foods. Besides, now that I spent 6 hrs installing the power frunk, I must find more excuses to use it. :cool:

I would not mod the car for something like that. Not worth the risk of voiding warranty. Some things are, but that is not. Seen a few reports of trouble adding those too. Killing 12V battery etc. I also don’t like putting my safety at risk to 3rd party devices made in China.

I won’t even use a non OEM wheel.

Trunk works just as good for take out.

I did add the “OEM” hitch though, but no wiring.

I would not mod the car for something like that. Not worth the risk of voiding warranty. Some things are, but that is not. Seen a few reports of trouble adding those too. Killing 12V battery etc. I also don’t like putting my safety at risk to 3rd party devices made in China.

I won’t even use a non OEM wheel.

Trunk works just as good for take out.

I did add the “OEM” hitch though, but no wiring.
It’s no different than leveraging the 12v for CAN bus reader, camera, radar detectors, etc. Also it’s fully reversable, as I kept the original struts. You are right about installation can be tricky - that’s why it took me 6 hrs, as I want to do it right.

Lastly, don’t you know pretty much all low end electronics are made in china these days? 😎

It’s no different than leveraging the 12v for CAN bus reader, camera, radar detectors, etc. Also it’s fully reversable, as I kept the original struts. You are right about installation can be tricky - that’s why it took me 6 hrs, as I want to do it right.

Lastly, don’t you know pretty much all low end electronics are made in china these days? 😎
I use thr frunk a lot for food. I hate leaving fingerprints on the hood so this is cool.

I agree they all have risk. Reversible is good. I did put a RD in and tapped camera power. I did it that way so I can hid it during a service call. I can also hide the hitch. :)

We all make our own judgment calls. I’m just saying I wouldn’t for frunk. Besides it’s it’s easier to open the trunk with one hand while balancing take-out than fumbling with the phone to open the frunk. ;)

I agree they all have risk. Reversible is good. I did put a RD in and tapped camera power. I did it that way so I can hid it during a service call. I can also hide the hitch. :)

We all make our own judgment calls. I’m just saying I wouldn’t for frunk. Besides it’s it’s easier to open the trunk with one hand while balancing take-out than fumbling with the phone to open the frunk. ;)
Main thing is the frunk is separate from the cabin so smells dont get into your car.

Reactions: paulchou