Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Canada (now also US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I just installed last weekend the front lip V1, I am really happy how it looks
View attachment 546768
View attachment 546769
The lip ties in quite nicely with the other de-chromed bits and perfect suspension height. I find many of the lips out there to be over-the-top and lines don't go with the car but this one is quite subtle - well done!

The lip ties in quite nicely with the other de-chromed bits and perfect suspension height. I find many of the lips out there to be over-the-top and lines don't go with the car but this one is quite subtle - well done!

Thanks I pick this one for the subtle result I really like it
Some pictures from today with better light

20200601_132756-2.jpg
20200601_132813.jpg

Ordered the rear valance/diffuser last week. Hopefully it's not 3-4 months as stated in their site since lagv1983 and kpeng took 2 to 3 weeks.

Will post pics after received and installed. Plan to install exactly like kpeng.

All Maxton items I have seen require drilling and adhesive for a secure fit.

One typical hack to use is to predrill the mating surface and use push pins instead of self tapping or other screws plus some 3M VHB tape to hold a piece if its not too heavy. The pushpins actually give it some additional flex and room for flexing and if caught, allows the piece to come off clean instead of breaking.

On Maxtons site there are install guides (all generic ugh) for all parts. PDF away.

Ordered the rear valance/diffuser last week. Hopefully it's not 3-4 months as stated in their site since lagv1983 and kpeng took 2 to 3 weeks.
It will take 3-4 months (thx to COVID and Eastern Europe to North America container ship shipping) unless you purchased from the Canadian reseller who may have the finish you went with in stock.
It almost appears like it'll still hide under the car and end fins may even cover the factory end fins.
That was also my understanding. There are even pockets for those last fins to go over the OE ones. I believe kpeng didn't like the busy look with so many fins (agreed that 2-4 less fins would look better) and assumed the side pieces would extend out (they dont, there is a separate part for that for those who want it).

All Maxton items I have seen require drilling and adhesive for a secure fit.

One typical hack to use is to predrill the mating surface and use push pins instead of self tapping or other screws plus some 3M VHB tape to hold a piece if its not too heavy. The pushpins actually give it some additional flex and room for flexing and if caught, allows the piece to come off clean instead of breaking.

On Maxtons site there are install guides (all generic ugh) for all parts. PDF away.
Great idea. Just ordered a pack of pushpins from Amazon last week for that exact reason. For the double-sided tape parts, clean mating surface with alcohol at a minimum and use adhesion promoter if I can source some locally.

Reactions: Perscitus
It will take 3-4 months (thx to COVID and Eastern Europe to North America container ship shipping) unless you purchased from the Canadian reseller who may have the finish you went with in stock.
That was also my understanding. There are even pockets for those last fins to go over the OE ones. I believe kpeng didn't like the busy look with so many fins (agreed that 2-4 less fins would look better) and assumed the side pieces would extend out (they dont, there is a separate part for that for those who want it).

Yes, I ordered from Canadian reseller since I am also in Canada, albeit on the opposite coast.

With respect to whether the side pieces stick out, it is really hard to tell from the pictures and I actually asked the Canadian reseller and he did not know the answer. He said most people actually buy the rear side splitters which I am not a fan of but from what he said seems many like them.