Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Canada (now also US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perscitus, you were right about Maxton CA not ordering too many Model 3 items. Seems whatever they had in stock was snatched up by Lagv1983 and Kpeng, hence they got their stuff in 2-3 weeks. Anyway, Maxton Canada just advised me "better shipping times now" so I assume under 3 months as they previously said 2-3 months.

Ha, I know. I spoke to Maxton US and mothership in Poland.

My diffuser in OE plastic matching matt black is on its way from Chicago back to me on the East Coast. Ordered in February... arrived in the US with a large shipment in late May. Cleared customs a few days ago.

Ha, I know. I spoke to Maxton US and mothership in Poland.

My diffuser in OE plastic matching matt black is on its way from Chicago back to me on the East Coast. Ordered in February... arrived in the US with a large shipment in late May. Cleared customs a few days ago.

Is that ‘Matte’ their matte textured version? Seems they have matte textured, gloss and fake carbon pattern.

Ski

Correct, the fake carbon looks ultra meh.
Yes, I opted for the plastic fantasctic matte textured plastic version.

Given past experience with diffusers including self-fabrication out of metal, plastic, etc so long as it more or less matches the OE 'diffuser' lip then thats good enough for me.

Shipping from Chicago tomorrow or the day after.

No I didnt talk to Kasia, instead Michal and Darek. But yes, if the fitment is as bad as Kpeng said, I will definetly Kpeng it!

Installed this morning. Great fit and finish and quick easy install with plastic rivet/push-clips.

All details in the kpeng thread.

Attachments

• 20200620_143803.jpg
    20200620_143803.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 456
  • 20200620_144011.jpg
    20200620_144011.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 20200620_143827.jpg
    20200620_143827.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 422
Hello I just installed last weekend the front lip V1, I am really happy how it looks
View attachment 546768
View attachment 546769
Wow I’m just finding out about the Maxton v1 lip and it looks like an piece! It’s simplicity matches the model 3’s lines. The v2 looks too busy and most of the lips I’ve seen for the model 3 are also too busy with lines, vents and curves that do not match the model 3 body at all. Does the lip hang much lower Or more forward than stock? Any issues with clearance on a lowered 3?

Wow I’m just finding out about the Maxton v1 lip and it looks like an piece! It’s simplicity matches the model 3’s lines. The v2 looks too busy and most of the lips I’ve seen for the model 3 are also too busy with lines, vents and curves that do not match the model 3 body at all. Does the lip hang much lower Or more forward than stock? Any issues with clearance on a lowered 3?

I emailed them about this since I’m on tsportline springs. They said: “Front splitter visually lowers the front of the car but it is not loer by more than an inch than the lowest point of the bumper.”

How do you guys feel about this? What’s the ground clearance now?

Its all a personal opinion, preference and choice. For some stock ground clearance is not enough and they raise these cars, for others any fender gap is a gap too many (bagged, stanced, slammed for life).

Spoilers, sideskirts, lips, diffusers etc can be found on all of these lowered, stock height and raised cars... some will be battle damaged, scratched up, cracked, discolored, others just dirty and others still ceramic and clearcoated and shiny enough to eat off of.

The question is what are you comfortable with? And since lowered, will you accept the higher risk of scrapes, scuffs, cracks inflicated to the OE bumper skins vs a lip for a just few hundred dollars.

I emailed them about this since I’m on tsportline springs. They said: “Front splitter visually lowers the front of the car but it is not loer by more than an inch than the lowest point of the bumper.”

How do you guys feel about this? What’s the ground clearance now?
This sound like my ideal front lip. If it’s not lower by more than an inch it should be fine on tsportlines. I’m on a similar eibach drop and never scraped the bumper but have scraped the rocker side panels (the plastic piece that dips) on bigger dips/driveways.