Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU failure rate poll; please vote *whether or not* you've had a failure

Have you had a failure with your MCU that required replacement? If so, when did it happen first?

• Yes; car was <1 year old

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Yes; car was 1-2 years old

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Yes; car was 2-3 years old

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Yes; car was 3-4 years old

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Yes; car was 4-5 years old

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Yes; car was 5+ years old

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • No; car is <1 year old

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • No; car is 1-2 years old

Votes: 40 22.0%
  • No; car is 2-3 years old

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • No; car is 3-4 years old

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • No; car is 4-5 years old

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • No; car is 5+ years old

Votes: 24 13.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info I’m not very computer savvy, I have an iMac is it hard to take my usb stick and transfer the music to the above scan disc.

I do not know Macs, but I should hope it won't be hard. You use the adapter and plug it into the USB drive (assuming the Mac has one, hope so!), and the PC sees it like any other external drive. Then select/copy/past just as in any other file copying operation. Same way you presumably moved your files to the USB memory stick. The memory card looks the same to the computer. And some computers have slots for memory cards, in which case you may be able to plug it into the appropriate slot and won't need the USB adapter. (But the adapter is needed in the car.)
The memory cards are like the photos used for photos in cameras and for extra storage in phones, so the technique is the same as moving those files between the device and the computer.

I do not know Macs, but I should hope it won't be hard. You use the adapter and plug it into the USB drive (assuming the Mac has one, hope so!), and the PC sees it like any other external drive. Then select/copy/past just as in any other file copying operation. Same way you presumably moved your files to the USB memory stick. The memory card looks the same to the computer. And some computers have slots for memory cards, in which case you may be able to plug it into the appropriate slot and won't need the USB adapter. (But the adapter is needed in the car.)
The memory cards are like the photos used for photos in cameras and for extra storage in phones, so the technique is the same as moving those files between the device and the computer.
Thanks, I have SD cards for my pictures and use on my iMac.