Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU failure with healthy eMMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13'85kw with replaced eMMC. MCU goes from failing 1-3 times a year for the past 3 years to now 1-2 times a week. Now I'm starting to get parking sensor error, and now "center display unavailable", but they seem to work despite the error messages. Tesla app shows the eMMC is healthy. The car reboots after about a minute or two. Is the answer a MCU2 upgrade? Thanks

"Infotainment upgrade" for $2k (though we already paid for LTE upgrade, and it removes all radio options) is the only solution that Tesla Service has offered for similar issues on my '14 S80.

If I had to guess, the MCU logs have grown out of control and are filling up the disk. I suggest figuring out how to retrieve the logs off the MCU and clearing them off the device itself. The logs should also shed some light on what is happening in the first place and wiping them off the MCU should restore some level of functionality closer to when the eMMC was first replaced (but would continue to degrade again if you didn't fix the root of the issue)