TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MCU/LTE issue when Navigation is calculating route

Discussion in 'Model X' started by JTai, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JTai

JTai New Member

I have a Model X 100D with the latest firmware 2018.18 4c72e69

I started experiencing the issue when since the 2018.14 firmware upgrade.

At first I noticed my MCU was hung when there was no chime when I had the turn signal on. I then realized that the entire MCU was hung, I lost the streaming music, LTE connectivity, navigation maps, etc. I was able to later reproduce it by setting a destination for the navigation system to calculate the route. However, it does not happen all the time.

The LTE connectivity will eventually come back after 3 to 5 minutes. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? I had an appointment at the SC and they did switch out the LTE connectivity board once.

Thanks.

2. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

I have the same issue on my XP100D - 2018 build, new MCU. Every once in a while the LTE signal is crossed out, then comes back on in a minute or two (barring reboot).

I was planning on making an SC appointment but if you are seeing same after a board replacement it might be a software issue - are you new MCU? When is your build? We are also in the same area so it might be a regional thing (we had a NE Slacker issue last year).

BTW - mine does it regardless of Nav - just every once in a while.

3. JTai

JTai New Member

I am on old MCU. Mine happens sometimes when the car is parked for a few hours. I would receive the "touchscreen is not responsive" message...

4. 00Schnitzel

00Schnitzel Member

2018 MX 100D MCU2 (v8.1) 2018.18 "purring like a kitten"

I haven't experienced that since 2018.12.

5. 00Schnitzel

00Schnitzel Member

I haven't experienced that (MCU studder) since 2018.12

6. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Car going in next week - MCU actually crashed when I put it in reverse on Saturday.

In addition - web browser stops working after day one (I reboot, it works again until I park and come pack - then it is frozen again).

We (SC tech and I) were thinking it was software from 2018.18 but it may just be the MCU...