Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 performance improvement & browser improvement. Simple trick by Thomas The Tesla Tuner..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easiest fix to the non-functional browser is to just type "a" in the URL bar, which does a google search and works 100%. Then you can go back to your normal page (for me, azure waze). This is the only solution I've found but it works 100% of the time.

Sorry should have included my info, Model S 90D, 2016 September delivery, nose cone refresh, AP 1.0. Still on software 8.1 (2018.34.1), which sounds like it's still the best software :)

Reactions: P85_DA and Tech_Guy
my browser is completely dead since 2019.32.1
No amount of reboots can make it work again.
I still have to try a full car shut-down, TBH.

I havent been able to open pages on web browser, my user manual or SW update changelogs for at least 3 months.
No number of rebots, power offs, sketchpad tricks or recent SW updates have solvded this. My car is 1 year and 9 months old.
I really wish was something I can do to fix this.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Screenshot_20191002-120353.png

They need to just remove it from MCU1 cars. Its incredibly embarrassing for myself and the brand when i give someone a ride and have to explain the browser never has worked
I don’t agree. It worked in previous updates. Slow but basic sites like Tesla Waze were doing fine.
They must take some time to fix it.
I will not complain if they don’t add theatre to Mcu1 as it was never there to start with, but the browser was there in the initial offering.
I saw today a MCU2, and the improved map allows to select businesses and other POI on the map to show details, and allow to start navigate, call and -new- open the web page if any. That is also there for Mcu1 but with the current browser, that will not work.
I’d very much like that to work.

my browser is completely dead since 2019.32.1
No amount of reboots can make it work again.
I still have to try a full car shut-down, TBH.
Quoting myself: yesterday night I had time to perform a full shut-down of the car, wait 5 minutes in the car, and then bring it up again (opening a door; pressing the brake pedal did nothing)
LO AND BEHOLD! the browser works again! It's slow as before, but at least it is now usable with teslawaze and abetterrouteplanner

I'll re-iterate another user's perception in another thread that v10 (2019.32.11.1) does appear snappier when it comes to things like navigation. I've long since given up on the browser (I prefer my phone anyway), but still happy to see our cars continuing to improve many years on!!

Easiest fix to the non-functional browser is to just type "a" in the URL bar, which does a google search and works 100%. Then you can go back to your normal page (for me, azure waze). This is the only solution I've found but it works 100% of the time.
When my browse dies, google search doesn't work either. It's stuck on a solid white screen no matter what I type in the address bar. One or more reboots are required to get it to show any life.

• Helpful
Reactions: supratachophobia