Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Browser Improvement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got my M3 10 months ago the browser would crash after a few minutes. It was useless so I didn't bother with it for awhile. A month or so ago I tried it and it wasn't crashing. In fact it hasn't crashed at all lately. I suspect Tesla may have improved it with one of the recent software updates. Has anyone else noticed this?

When I first got my M3 10 months ago the browser would crash after a few minutes. It was useless so I didn't bother with it for awhile. A month or so ago I tried it and it wasn't crashing. In fact it hasn't crashed at all lately. I suspect Tesla may have improved it with one of the recent software updates. Has anyone else noticed this?
The Tesla browser is based on the free and open source Chromium browser, which is maintained by Google. Chromium is updated on a regular basis, but Tesla's browser is usually a few versions behind the most recent release.

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. The browser was working well the past few months.I tried to use it today and now It's crashing after about 10 or 15 seconds.
I've also noticed a lot of browser crashes lately, on 22.44.30.5, when I'd never had that issue in the past. Does anyone know if software crashes like this are reported to Tesla, like autopilot interventions (when applicable to what they're working on, anyway) are? If so it'll hopefully be noticed and resolved soon.

Tried using the browser again tonight and it seemed worse than before; totally unusable. Tried clearing the browser data but it still crashed. Restarted the touchscreen and the browser now seems to be usable again. Will see how long it lasts. Hopefully a future update will solve all the problems.

Reactions: APotatoGod